It is said that Rheumatoid Arthritis has no cure! But is this statement true? Is the human body truly incapable of treating Rheumatoid Arthritis? First, let’s get an idea of what Rheumatoid Arthritis actually is. Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder. A chronic disorder is when the condition affecting the person, stays for a long time or reoccurs on a regular basis. Inflammation is the rush of the immune response in the body that involves a rush of immune cells, blood vessels and other particles that help fight off foreign influences/particles in the body. Signs of inflammation are swelling, redness, mild heating and pain.
Rheumatoid arthritis treatment is usually based on reducing inflammation. So what does inflammation exactly look like, in Rheumatoid Arthritis? Initial signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis will not include any redness or swelling, however, the patient may experience tenderness and pain in the joints.
Following are some symptoms that can point out to Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- Morning Stiffness that lasts more than 30 mins
- Stiffness/Swelling/Tenderness/pain in joints that can last for 45 days or longer
- Pain affects the same joints on both sides of the body
- Smaller joints (such as the ones of hands and feet) experiencing pain
- At a time, more than one joint is affected
Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis will involve reducing the signs of inflammation and eventually reducing the progress of Rheumatoid Arthritis. As per Ayurveda, diet is extremely important to reduce the signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis. The changes made in the diet have to be long-term since Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic condition. Just a 3-month or a 6-month diet won’t be of any help as the signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis will eventually reoccur.
A customized Ayurvedic diet will help to do the following things:
- Prevent imbalance of Kapha and Pitta dosha in the body
- Avoid the formation of toxins in the body
- Prevent any more pain and swelling in the joints
Ayurvedic Treatment for Rheumatoid arthritis will involve the following diet/lifestyle changes:
- Avoiding direct exposure to cold winds/drafts
- Avoiding staying awake late up at night
- Avoiding foods that are oily and heavy
- Avoiding foods that aren’t compatible with the body
- Avoiding eating milk with fish, or, milk with jaggery
- Consuming more of castor oil, Bitter gourd, garlic, dried ginger root powder, cumin seeds, celery seeds, honey, split green gram, horse gram, and barley flour.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a serious condition. In some patients, Rheumatoid Arthritis can cause wearing of the ligaments, bone, and cartilage, which will then go and affect the joints. This damage can happen in the early stages of Arthritis. The worst part is that these effects might not be noticeable as they won’t show the corresponding symptoms of inflammation. As a result, all of these effects will go unnoticed and it might be too late to repair the damage, once detected. Also, a lot of times, these signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis can show up in flares. Flares refer to an intense rush in these signs in a short span of time. As a result, Rheumatoid Arthritis can be quite painful for the individual.
Rheumatoid arthritis Treatment depends on a lot of factors. For example, age and lack of calcium can also be a causative factor. Although Ayurveda bases it’s treatment methods primarily on body constitutions (Doshas) and not individual nutritional deficiencies, considering all factors is still important to treat a disease effectively.
Ayushakti is an organization that has been helping people get better, for a very long time now. Having been in the market for the past 27 years, Ayushakti knows best when it comes to dealing with different people and their equally unique and specific medical conditions.
Following are some services offered at Ayushakti centers, all over the world:
- Pulse Reading
- Expert Diagnosis
- Panchakarma (Detox Treatments)
- Dietary & Lifestyle Recommendations
- Home Remedies For Relief
- Herbs For Powerful Health Benefits
With all of the above services, a visit to Ayushakti can be the magic potion that can treat Rheumatoid Arthritis or for that matter, any other disease in the body.
Ayurvedic secrets never seemed so easily available!