Winter is one of those seasons that brings with it a wave of many illnesses. When winter arrives, the rate with which people start to fall sick increases and this leads to an important question that is on everyone’s mind. What can you do to stay healthy this winter? And, this very question we are going to answer in this blog.
Immunity is not an easy task to deal with, as it is something that you cannot confidently rely on especially when the weather is in constant flux. The problem with winters is that when the temperatures start to drop, people in houses keep their window and doors closed for the most part. This leads to a lack of ventilation inside the house which in turn then causes the microbiome of the house to change. Now, instead of getting into unnecessary jargon, what this simply means that your house becomes a breeding ground for the many microbes.
Let us go through some tips that will help you keep your skin healthy this winter season
- Make the habit of using a moisturising soap
- It is a good idea to minimise the use of soap on select body parts as it allows you to avoid excessive dryness
- Although it is winter season, try not using hot water instead opt for lukewarm water
- Reduce the time you take your baths and showers
- It is important that you continue to drink more water
- If you are in the habit of wearing makeup, applying some kind of moisturiser will be good
- Keep warm for the weather and dress accordingly for the weather. Although it is common sense it helps if you protect your skin and your face when cold winds are blowing.
- It is important that you keep your diet healthy, balanced and maintain a good diet all year round.
Adding a few drops of coconut oil or sesame oil to your bathing water or applying it to on your skin before your bath will help your skin retain moisture and keep it healthy
For a healthy immune system for this winter:
Basil leaves (Tulsi) is proven to boost immunity, prevent you from an allergic cough, cold and viral infections.
Just chew 10 fresh basil leaves daily in the morning and be healthy all the time.
Or even you can make a tea by adding 20 basil leaves, one stick cinnamon, 2 peppercorns in 2 cups of water. Boil and bring it to one cup, filter and drink. Add jaggery as the sweetener if required. Drinking this tea two cups daily help prevent cough, cold, and allergies and boost your immune power.
Ayurveda is one way and probably the best way to keep your system healthy. The above tips will help you keep your body healthy but if you want to go the extra mile, then visit Ayushakti.
Unlike modern medicine, ayurvedic medicine is not only meant for times when you are sick, but can also be, and should be used for prevention.
Ayushakti is your one-stop solution to all things ayurvedic and natural. But, it doesn’t end there, the professional counsel that you get when you meet the doctors at Ayushakti is nothing less than gold. So, if you care about your well-being this winter and are on the lookout for ayurvedic tips for healthy winter, then all you need to do is visit your nearest Ayushakti clinic.
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts on phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author of the Blog: Dr. Deepali Shastri
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd