Beat Cough and Cold With Ayurveda
Although cough and cold is a common disease, sometimes it hurts a lot. It usually occurs in winter or because of the flu but at times, it is the result of negligence. Persistent cough and pain during coughing usually indicate the disease. During the cough, the mucus comes out and then it will be known as dry cough wet cough. So some home remedies to treat cough and colds are working well.
Cold and cough causes
Viral respiratory tract infections are the most common cause of cough. Some other potential reasons are: –
Respiratory tract, lung infection, viral infection, negligence of dust, common infections through changes in weather, climate change, cold and flu, during the transition of weather. Instant hot (with plenty of hot or cold), cold drinks or food after use.
- Ginger juice and honey. The combination of ginger and honey is great for cold and cough relief. Take equal quantity of ginger juice and honey and mix well. Boil the mixture for a few seconds and just leave it to become lukewarm. Take a teaspoon of this mixture and lick it. It shall cure the cough and cold completely In 3 to 4 days. Use half the amount for children.
- Roasted alum (alum fry) and sugar. Grind 10 grams of sugar and 100 grams of roasted alum take and mix together. Keep the mixture in a glass vial or glass pot. For Dry cough, with 125 ml of milk daily, the mixture 6 grams (1 teaspoon) should be taken before you go to sleep. And for wet cough, with 125 ml of warm water daily 6 grams of this mixture (1 tablespoon) should be consumed before you go to sleep. Note: – It is important to note that, roasted or fried alum should be used to prepare the mixture.
- Pepper and licorice powder. Some pepper and twice the amount of liquorice powder. Then add some sugar or sugar candy. (Sugar is used for flavouring. You can add as needed.) Now, all the ingredients are to be grinded to a powder. Take this mixture to quickly relieve the cough with a glass of warm water three times a day, 6 grams (1 teaspoon) Use this treatment for at least 3-4 days to permanently get rid of cough and cold.
- Ginger juice and basil leaves with honey. Take ginger and cut into small pieces and crush them. And some fresh basil leaves that are thoroughly washed away. Crush them with a combination of fingers and thumb. Mix them well to make a paste and to the paste add twice the amount of honey. Use 1 teaspoon three times a day. It would be more beneficial in dry cough.
- Rinse with saltwater treatment. Rinse quickly to treat a cough is the best remedy for this. Boil a glass of water and leave it to become lukewarm. Then add half a teaspoon of salt and mix it into the water. Use it for gargling. Also at the end of gargling keep some amount of water to drink. Use twice a day with this method. It will treat throat infections as well.
Specific advice and precautions: Drink warm water during cough and cold. , Fried oil snacks and fast food should be avoided. Keep away from cold drinks. Avoid icy drinks.
Ayushakti specializes in chronic and acute cold and cough. Ayushakti understands cough and cold and provides the best Ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough. Get in touch with your nearest Ayushakti branch today.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts on phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us at [email protected]
Author of the Blog: Dr. Hemang Parekh
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd