Cold – Cough and Viral infections - An Ayurvedic Guideline
In the season of heavy rains and frequent downpour, people come across a variety of troubles. The most common amongst these troubles is the common cold/cough or viral infections that affect a significant number of the population.
Following are some guidelines on how to manage cold and cough or viral infections with the help of Ayurveda: General Symptoms of Cough and Cold
- Runny Nose
- Continuous sneezing
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain/fatigue
- Body Pain
- Breathing difficulty
One of many of the above symptoms is experienced from an individual suffering from cold.
Causes of Cough and Cold
- A continuous change of surroundings/constant exposure to cold and chilly winds can be contributors
- A primary cause is a digestive fire (Agni) being affected with cold or moist conditions
- A reduced agni can affect the body’s overall immunity
- Lowered immunity leads to an increase in the toxin production
- These amas can go and clog the micro-channels in the body leading to the formation of phlegm or mucus
- It is this phlegm/mucus blocks the respiratory channel functions. Finally, you experience soar throat, allergic cough, sneezing, blocked nose, breathing difficulty etc.
Along with the above-mentioned causes, there can be other factors as well that lead to cold and cough in individuals. For example, an allergy to one’s surroundings can also be the cause of a cold. Eating or drinking food that is too cold or hot can also cause cold and cough in the individual. Habits and lifestyle choices such as sleeping in the afternoon after a heavy meal or staying up late at night can also contribute to developing a cold. There goes a quote which says that “Your biography is your biology” and the Ayurvedic philosophy stands by it.
In the end, what we eat and do throughout the day has a larger impact on our health.
Treating Cold, Cough and Viral infection - Ayurveda way
- Keep body (throat, feet, chest, head) warm
- Gargle with warm salty & turmeric water for a sore throat
- Avoid milk, milk products and fruits till the symptoms completely go away
- Eat light foods like soups, boiled or steamed vegetables, dal khichadi (rice and mung dal) etc
- Drink spiced/Herbal Teas
- Improve your immune power to fight viral infections
How to make herbal tea to improve your immune system and prevent viral fever?
Fresh Basil leaves 20
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch long
Black peppercorns crushed – 3
Fresh ginger crushed – 2 inches long
Jaggery (optional) - as a sweetener
Water 4 cups
Boil the ingredients in water and make it 2 cups. Filter and drink warm 3-4 times a day.
Swasavin D-Vyro Tablet – The best solution to fight cough, cold and viral infection. Boost your immunity naturally!
A Double-blind Peer-reviewed International Research published by Global Journal of Medicine and Research states that Swasavin D-Vyro is the best Immunomodulator, Antiviral, Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant. 2 tablets twice a day of Swasavin D-Vyro take care of your immune power and protect you from frequent cough, cold, and infections.
Stay safe this monsoon with the power of Ayurveda! https://bit.ly/2Ez9CQu
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. Even these pandemic times cannot stop us; you can consult our experts over phone or video call. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
Stay Home | Stay Healthy
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author of the Blog: Dr. Hemang Parekh
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd