Easy & Healthy Ragi Laddu Recipe
Quite often people make assumptions of healthy and wholesome food or dessert of not being delicious. It is certain that people who claim that have not tasted Ragi Laddu for sure. This festive season, we have got you an easy, quick, and wholesome dessert to lighten up your festive mood. Here is a tried and tested ragi laddu recipe that will guide you in making this delectable, sweet treat!
Ragi health benefits:
- Loaded with calcium, iron, and protein
- Helps in controlling diabetes
- Aids in weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol
- Maintains young and youthful skin
Ragi as being an excellent source of good carbohydrates and it is mostly consumed in it's purest forms. This wonderful cereal is gluten-free and is highly recommended for those who are gluten or lactose intolerance.
4 tsp - Pure Ghee
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
3-4 tsp - Sesame seeds
1 cup - Ragi flour
½ cup - Organic jaggery
1/4 cup - Fresh desiccated coconut
Almonds (as per your requirement)
- Heat a pan and add 4 tsp of ghee and ragi flour on a slow flame.
- Roast both the ingredients until golden brown. Make sure you do not overcook and burn the batter.
- Keep mixing the batter. As and when you mix, the ghee separates, and an aromatic smell of the flavour is spread.
- To bind the jaggery - take a potting vessel and add 1 cup of water & ½ cup jaggery in it.
- Continue mixing until the jaggery melts in the water and become caramelized. Add a pinch of salt just for taste.
- Add the caramelized jaggery to the roasted ragi flour and mix it well.
- Simmer down the flame and take all the ingredients in a clean plate.
- Add dry grated coconut, almonds and mix them together. You can always choose the dry fruits of your choice.
- Grease your palm with ghee and take a medium-dry proportion of the batter and make round shaped laddu's from it.
- Sprinkle some chopped almond or pistachio. And your gluten-sugar free laddu is ready to be served this festive season!
Serve your guests and loved ones the ubiquitous laddu made with Ragi, which is much healthier and tastier too!
According to Ayurveda, Ragi is good for cholesterol management due to its Ama (toxin) reducing activity. Eating Ragi flakes for breakfast and Ragi flour chapatis are considered good for weight loss management due to its high fibre content. Also applying Ragi flour paste with milk on the face helps to get rid of wrinkles. Since it has collagen and antioxidants which prevent the signs of ageing.
This festival season try your hands on this real quick, simple, flavoursome, and mouth-watering Healthy Ragi laddu. Do not forget to share with us! Tag us on Instagram @Ayushakti
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. Even these tough times cannot stop us; you can consult our experts on phone, video or visit the nearest clinic. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/3mJCpST
Stay Home | Stay Healthy
For more information, write to us at [email protected]
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr. Deepali Shastri
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd