Spinach Moong Dal Pancake Recipe
Spinach moong dal pancake is a healthy, nutritious, and protein-packed breakfast recipe. The ingredients are savoury and being the powerhouse of nutrition, it indeed keeps you energetic all day long. It is an excellent way to consume leafy vegetables which is easy, quick, and mouth-watering. Consumption of good nutritional vegetables enhances energy and endurance for a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of individual ingredients used in this recipe:
Whole green gram: Rich in potassium, magnesium, fibre and nutrients, aids weight loss, Improves digestion, boosts blood circulation, low in calories.
Garlic: Improves cholesterol, reduces blood pressure, lowers the risk of heart disease, boosts immunity, helps prevent common flu or cold.
Spinach: Rich in magnesium, iron, vitamin A, C and K, reduces oxidative stress, regulates blood pressure.
Cumin seeds: Helps control blood sugar, fights bacteria and parasites, aids weight loss, has an anti-inflammatory effect, and contains antioxidants.
Coriander seeds powder: Improves digestion, lower cholesterol, improves the quality of hair and skin, rich in antioxidants
Asafoetida: Helps relieve asthma, lowers blood pressure, reduces bloating, relieve in menstrual pain
- Whole green grams flour - 1 cup
- Garlic chopped 1 tsp
- Fresh Spinach - 1 bowl
- Cumin seeds powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Coriander seeds powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala(Indian spices)- a pinch (optional)
- Onion 1 medium
- Banana Leaf for presentation
- To begin making Spinach moong dal pancake recipe, take a bowl or a vessel and add moong flour, salt as per taste, add pinch of asafoetida, a pinch of turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Mix the batter well to combine. Check the salt and adjust to suit your taste. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Pour the batter in the pan and sprinkle some oil/ghee on the pancake.
- Nudge in between the pancake with a knife or the spatula, so that it cooks well from inside.
- Flip and cook on both sides of the pancake.
To make the spinach topping:
- Heat a non-stick pan and sprinkle oil/ghee. Add a pinch of cumin seeds to it, let it make a splitter sound, add 1 tsp chopped garlic, a pinch of asafoetida and sauté it well.
- Add 2 tsp onion, and sauté it well till golden brown, add pinch of turmeric, 1 pinch garam masala, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp coriander powder, salt (as per taste). We recommend adding less salt in spinach. Mix them well.
- Add the blanched spinach, but do not overcook. Mix it well with other ingredients.
To assemble the moong dal pancake with spinach toppings:
- Arrange the pancake on a pan to keep it warm. Top it up with the sautéed spinach.
- For the dressing, remove the pancake on the banana leaf. Top it with the green coriander chutney or dates chutney.
Serve the spinach moong dal pancake along with dates chutney for breakfast, evening snack or dinner!
- Spinach tastes good when it is sautéed with garlic. Garlic lowers blood glucose levels, promotes healthy skin, and boosts bone health.
- To blanch the spinach make sure you don’t overcook it.
- To increase the aroma of the spinach, add a dash of dry basil leaves
According to Ayurveda, the cornerstone of well being is directly proportional to the digestive system. What we eat is what we become! Spinach is extremely useful to combat Pitta and Vata imbalance. However, moong is generally exceptional for all doshas. A nice leafy and the sprouted combination is an addition during monsoon season. Don’t wait for another time to make these appetizing pancakes and tag us on Instagram @Ayushakti
You can also watch the Spinach moong dal pancake recipe video on https://bit.ly/2RvcIYG
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. Even these tough times cannot stop us; you can consult our experts on phone, video or visit the nearest clinic. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
Stay Home | Stay Healthy
For more information, write to us at [email protected]
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Recipe by: Ayushakti's Chef
Nutrition level verified by Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt ltd