The word “fat” typically features a negative connotation; however, the body truly desires healthy fats to perform appropriately. For example, fats are necessary to construct cell membranes, insulate nerves, and ensure that several vitamins, together with A, D, E, and K, work the way they should.
High cholesterol is an epidemic in our society. By the age of 45 people often begin to take anti-cholesterol tablets, which have long term side-effects, gastritis and muscle wasting for example, which makes people feel very weak. We take this medication because of our fear of the heart problems it may cause.
But all this is not necessary. It’s completely possible to control cholesterol naturally. This is because high cholesterol is a consequence of low metabolism, which leads to Ama in the blood, so when you activate your metabolism, naturally your body stops producing excess cholesterol.
Improper diet and lifestyle aggravates the Tridoshas with the formation of Ama. Heart vessels become narrow due to Kapha and Ama which settle in the vessels and form cholesterol. Vata vitiation reduces the elasticity of the vessel. Ama gets stored inside and around the coronary arteries and heart in the form of plaques. There is pressure on the heart to pump blood through these narrow vessels. This development in the heart and the vessels cause diminished blood flow. It will lead to Heart Disease.
There are various types of fat, some good for us while others are not. Following are the types of fat:
Dietary Fats are a breakdown into three categories–
These good fats are the sort of fats you should devour the maximum as a part of a heart-wholesome diet.
There are two types of unsaturated fats:
Monounsaturated: Pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, olive oil, peanut oil, and canola oil contain high monounsaturated fats. Omega-3 fatty acids are monounsaturated fats found in fish and plant products, such as salmon and herring, soybean oil, canola oil, walnuts, and flaxseed are thought to be good for heart health.
Polyunsaturated: Flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, corn oil, soybean oil, and sunflower oil are packed with polyunsaturated fats.
Saturated fats are good for the body but in small amounts. 10% of our daily diet should include saturated fats, preferably from lean poultry and low-fat dairy products.
For people who consume 2,000 calories daily, only 20 grams at most should come from saturated fat. Saturated fats are found in lean poultry, dairy products and medium eggs.
Most unsaturated fats are liquid at room temperature. To make them in solid form, food producers add additional hydrogen, making it ‘’hydrogenated,” or trans, fat. The most elevated levels of trans fats are tracked down in baked food, animal items, and margarine.
Bad Effects of Unhealthy Fats On Heart
Trans fats are the worse fats for heart, and overall health. Consuming Trans fat can cause:
- Increase the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Lowers good HDL and raises bad LDL
- Contributes to insulin resistance and higher risk of Type II Diabetes
Manage Cholesterol With Ayurveda
Detox Therapy (Panchkarma)
If the cholesterol level is very high, then a super detox Panchkarma for 4–5 weeks greatly helps to reduce the cholesterol levels by removing the excess fat and toxins accumulated in the body. The super detox Panchkarma also reduces the risk of heart problems and obesity. It may include Virechan, Shirodhara, and Heartdhara. (As per condition)
- Virechan is a sodhana(purification) treatment. This is typically finished after Snehapana and three days of fomenting. Medication will be in any structure, fluid or powder, or decoction and should be taken while fasting. Before taking the medication, the patient should hydrate regularly until defecations start.
Heart Dhara and Shirodhara are two of the treatments used in Panchkarma which are especially beneficial for reduction of stress, depression, phobias, fear, feeling of insecurity, irritation, mental pressure, and low self-esteem.
- Heart Dhara is one treatment that expressly reduces fear, stress, grief and depression. Heart Dhara stimulates positive emotions like happiness, contentment, confidence, and security.
- Shirodhara creates tranquility. When a mental channel is nourished properly, you will remain calm, tranquil, and stable even in the most adverse situations. Shirodhara miraculously creates tranquility by eliminating agitation, nervousness, headache, insomnia and fear.
Ayushakti’s detoxification Panchkarma treatments are highly focused on relieving the root cause of any chronic problem by cleansing, repairing and rejuvenating the deeper tissues and cells in your body. Click here to check out our Panchkarma Detoxification Plan.
If you don’t have a chronic problem or can’t manage a full Panchkarma you can manage it through diet and detox. For seven days every month eat only mung and vegetable soup, which over time will activate your metabolism.
Please click here to get our customized 7-DAY MIRACULOUS MUNG-VEGETABLE DETOX (PDF file)
Try Marma Therapy
Apply ghee on the temples and soles of the feet and massage for five minutes daily to reduce stress; recommended before sleeping.
- Eat food high in fiber for immediate cholesterol reduction, for example oatmeal, roti, or bread made of red and white millets and ragi or rye, for breakfast.
- For lunch, eat more vegetables, salads, soups, up to 60% of your meal, and 30 per cent as proteins like mung, mung dal, green vegetables etc.
- For dinner, have very light food like mung pancake, fruits, jowar roti or corn, quinoa, pasta or bread, proteins like lentils, legumes, tofu, or lean meat like fish and chicken, and dal.
- Eat fresh leaves of fenugreek, amaranth, argul, kale, or spinach at least 100 g per day. Olive oil is the best oil to use, or a combination of flax seed and olive oil, or flax seed and soya bean oil.
- Avoid Ama-reducing diet saturated fat, and trans fat.
- Totally avoid all fatty food, oily food, spicy items and red meat in your diet.
- Do not eat white rice, white sugar, oils such as groundnut oil, mustard oil, refined foods, and milk products because these are heavy to digest.
- Walk for at least 45 minutes every day.
- Practice Pranayama (Anulom Vilom Pranayama) and meditation to relieve stress
- Stay in fresh air, pleasant atmosphere, place with proper sunlight and water
- Avoid roaming in hot climates
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Avoid suppressing the natural urges
- Avoid doing excessive exercise
Ayushakti Heartox Treatment
The Proven Ancient “Heartox” program to treat your type of Heart problem from the root for lifelong Experience healthy heart functions, reduced risk of blocks, relief in high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity And prevent Heart attacks or Heart failure for long term in 90 days!
WHAT BENEFIT DO YOU GET WITH AYUSHAKTI’S “HEARTOX” SOLUTION?
- Prevents risk of blocks, heart attacks and heart failure
- Able to do your routines and exercises with improved breathing capacity and normal heart beat
- Controls diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, Thyroid functions
- Improved liver and