5 Foods to Avoid If You Have Heart Problems
Your diet is key for a healthy heart. Junk foods and a sedentary lifestyle increase the risk of heart problems, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and many other health problems. You should start following a healthy lifestyle from the age of 30-35 to keep a healthy heart function and avoid problems.
If you are already having heart problems or have done angioplasty or surgery, or you want to prevent the risk of heart problems, then stay away from these five foods. Treat them as toxins.
- Wheat, white flour
Gluten foods such as wheat, white flour, etc. cause inflammation and block the circulation in the body. You should avoid them entirely, including pizza, pasta, bread, and baked items. Instead, use flours of Kamut, oats, chickpea flour, sorghum, and Ragi to make your bread, roti, chapati, pancakes, tortillas, and pasta.
- Red meat and processed meat
Red meat is heavy and hard to digest. Undigested food substances cause inflammation, and blockages in the arteries cause high blood pressure, cholesterol, and heart problems. After the age of 35, altogether avoid red meat, bacon, sausages, processed meats. You can have lean meat like chicken or egg white 3 times a week.
- Milk products
Milk and milk products such as paneer, cheese, dairy products are loaded with heavy fats, and it is heavy for your body to digest. They cause high blood pressure, high cholesterol and increase plaque formation in the arteries. Thus hindering the functions of heart muscles. Alternatively, you can use Almond milk, soya milk, coconut milk, and tofu.
- Deep-fried foods
The saturated fat in deep-fried food items increases the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, elevated diabetes, obesity. This increases the risk even more for coronary heart disease, heart blocks, sudden heart attacks, and heart failure. Altogether avoid taking all deep-fried foods.
- Sugar and Salt
Over the years, using a high amount of salt, sugar, and saturated fats raises the risk of a heart attack, heart block, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. Also, avoid taking sour and fermented foods such as yogurt, lemon, tamarind, vinegar, tomato as much as possible as sour and fermented foods increase the inflammation and blockages in the blood vessels.
If you really want to get rid of all these lifestyle diseases from your life, then start with a healthy food plan and lifestyle from today itself.
What foods to include in your daily diet?
- Start altering your daily food proportions to 60% vegetables, 30% proteins, and 10%
- carbs to have a healthy heart and avoid other health risks for a lifetime.
- Vegetables such as squashes, pumpkins, zucchini, asparagus, leafy greens, carrot, beetroot, bottle gourd, soft gourds, snake gourd, etc. are filled with fibers and easily digestible. It helps to reduce the blocks in the arteries, strengthen the heart muscles, and finally promote heart health.
- Eat 3-5 portions of cooked or sautéed vegetables daily.
- Protein foods and legumes such as quinoa, brown rice, oats, millets.
- Research says that chickpea and mung beans reverse the plaque from the arteries and prevent new blockages. Eat mung and chickpea daily in the form of roti, pancake, or any form you like.
Recipe of Bread or roti made with this combination of flour :
- Chickpea flour 50% Sorghum flour 30% Ragi 20%
- Make the dough in the boiled water. Make roti or pancakes by adding lots of vegetables as per your choice.
- Fruits such as papaya and cantaloupes are rich in potassium, magnesium, and fiber and improve heart health. Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are rich sources of phytonutrients helpful for heart health. Eat one of them daily.
How does a 10 days detox diet plan every month improve health and prevent the risk?
A Powerful Detox diet plan of 10 days for weight loss, control high blood pressure, high cholesterol & hormone balancing
LifeStyle to follow for a healthy heart functions
- Quit smoking
- Limit alcohol intake or stop
- Walking exercise 30-45 minutes daily
- Yoga asanas – Yastikasana, Makarasana, Rechak pranayama.
3 Yoga asanas improve heart functions
4 Super Natural Remedies for Healthy Heart
Book a consultation for treating your heart problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, obesity
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/2Zgpimk
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd