5 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
'Immunity' is the body's ability to prevent the invasion of foreign disease-causing substances, such as bacteria and viruses. As we all know, the number of cases every day are rising exponentially, it becomes essential for us to take precautionary measures & fight this crisis together. A strong immune system is our first line of defence against these disease-causing pathogens. One of the major ways to boost our immune system naturally is through 'Ayurveda'.
According to Ayurveda, the factors that produce a negative effect on our Immunity are-
- Imbalanced Diet
- Irregular sleep
- High Stress
- Chronic medications
- Excessive alcohol intake
Whereas below are the factors that help us strengthen our immunity-
- Based on one's doshas, a diet with all six tastes & qualities balanced
- Regular Yoga practice
- Including a variety of spices in the daily dietary routine
- Regular detox plans like fasting or a proper panchakarma cleanse, once a year
- Consumption of Rasayana herbs like ashwagandha and amla
'How to Boost your Immunity?', a question that is popping quite consistently on everyone's minds. Let's not think too much about this & take the conventional path towards a stronger immune response. Here are the top 5 ways to Boost your Immune system, according to Ayurveda -
1) Begin your day with Tulsi, Pippali (long pepper fruit) and ginger tea to strengthen & cleanse the upper respiratory tract.
2) Garlic Juice & Water
Take 1/4 tsp garlic juice & 2 tsp water, lie down, and insert 1/2 tsp of this mixture into each nostril twice a day. It burns, but cuts through congestion, while the garlic kills off any bacterial infections.
3) Garnish turmeric & black pepper in the meals daily, to reduce the 'ama' toxins. Turmeric can also be consumed with almond milk or oats in the morning breakfast.
4) Pomegranate peel decoction
The supercharging ingredients in this decoction will enhance your immune response from within, the most effective remedy that plays a significant role in assisting you, know more about this here.
5) Ensure an everyday intake of 15ml Amla juice on an empty stomach, it is loaded with the benefits of Vitamin C, beta-carotene and is a rich source of antioxidants. Optionally, take Chyavanprash to strengthen the immunity consistently.
Ultimately, boosting the immune system is not a one-day task, it is a journey. If you religiously follow a balanced diet, incorporate these home remedies & stay disciplined towards your efforts, your defence game will be stronger, as our Co-founder & Global Healer Dr. Smita Pankaj Naram says, you can be your healer in emergent times.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us at email@example.com
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd