Best Diet to Manage Fatty Liver
The liver is a gigantic and complicated organ found in the upper right stomach area of the human body. It conducts more than 500 essential processes like transforming food into energy, constructing protein, processing cholesterol, and rinsing away toxins from the blood, and much more. Significant processes of the liver comprise metabolizing carbohydrates, reserving important vitamins like A, D, E, K, and B 12, transforming fats to fuel, and synthesizing and controlling cholesterol. It reserves extra glucose obtained from carbohydrates to discharge as needed ensuring a controlled supply of stamina to the body.
The liver is the distinct organ that can revive. Even if 70 % of the liver is harmed, it can be restored and breathe new life into without any failure of its function. Keeping the liver nutritive is significant for optimum health. Fatty liver can lead to steatohepatitis; it is a type of fatty liver condition described as an inflammation of the liver with concurrent fat collection in the liver.
Fatty liver is a disease in which the collection of surplus fat occurs in the liver. It is mainly of two types, alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver. As the name signifies, the alcoholic fatty liver is initiated by excessive alcohol consumption, whereas the non-alcoholic one takes place due to different reasons. While non-alcoholic fatty liver disorder hampers the standard functioning of the liver, the alcoholic fatty liver disorder has distinctive signs such as fever, jaundice, spider veins, and raised WBCs (white blood cells) count.
Ayushakti Brings You a Few of the Ayurvedic Tips That Can Support Liver Healing and Decrease the Symptoms of Fatty Liver:
- Include cool and non-acidic edible food items such as berries, apples, bananas, cucumber, tomatoes, pears, mangoes, leafy greens, squash, and melons into your diet.
- Consume a mixture of boiled vegetables and whole grains food items like quinoa.
- Try to include pure ghee into your diet.
- Consume unprocessed grains and cereals like brown rice, whole oats, whole-wheat pasta, whole-wheat bread, etc.
- Drink pure aloe vera juice in sensible quantities as it is cooling.
- 2gms of long pepper powder mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey should be consumed daily at least for 30days.
- Consume a good quantity of water to cool the body down and eliminate toxins.
- Drink 10 to 20 ml of Indian gooseberry (amla) juice.
- While cooking, use as much garlic as you can. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial in managing the fatty liver disorder. You can simply eat 2 to 3 cloves of garlic in the morning on an empty stomach for a couple of days for relief.
- Bring a glass of water to a good boil. Let the water be heated properly, and then squeeze one lemon in the water. Mix the water and lemon and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Eating soaked walnuts also improves liver functioning.
- Have your dinner early in the evening and make a schedule of sleeping before 10 pm.
- Strictly avoid spicy, fatty, and fried food items, which can worsen pitta.
- It is suggested to avoid food items with added sugar to it like cakes, candies, cookies, pastries, ice creams, soft drinks, etc.
- Avoid fermented, spicy, acidic, sour, and salted food items.
- Avoid alcohol intake, caffeine in any form, tobacco variants, hot and spicy food, pre-packaged food items, or medicines with chemicals in them.
- Avoid contaminated food items, be careful with your purchase.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/2Zgpimk
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd