Foods To Avoid If You Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Problems related to digestion have become very common these days. Bad lifestyle choices and poor eating habits can be mainly attributed to it. One disorder that has affected the quality of life of many people is Chronic Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This article gives a brief idea about it.
What is Chronic Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Chronic Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a disorder associated with the large intestines in the body. Although there are no sanguine reasons that cause it, it has been mainly related to improper eating and not being on a good diet. Generally, it does not escalate and cause major health damages in most people. It is not related to colorectal cancer or bowel inflammation either.
What are the causes of Chronic Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
As mentioned before, the IBS causes cannot be pinpointed to a single one. A few of them include-
- Powerful contractions of the intestine
- Anomalies related to the nervous system.
- Excessive stress at an early stage of life.
- Gastroenteritis is due to bacterial infection of the intestines along with a change in the flora of the gut.
All of it can be precipitated by bad flooding habits and lifestyle changes that are not good for the body. Therefore, it is imperative to control the food you eat to counter IBS.
What are the symptoms of Chronic Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
If a person suffers from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, the symptoms related to it are not sudden in onset. They manifest for a long time and the common IBS Symptoms are-
- Presence of abdominal pain
- Cramping of the abdominal muscles
- Feeling of bloating
- Irregularity in bowel movements
- Difficulty in passing stool
- Repeated incidents of gastritis.
- The increased amount of mucus in stool.
Ayurvedic treatment for IBS -
Ayurvedic treatment is one of the indigenous and most authentic modes for chronic problems. The human body has three main doshas - Vata, pitta, and dosha, which are essential for maintaining good health and balance in life. According to Ayurveda, IBS can be treated effectively by balancing the Vata doshas that were aggravated in the body. The main ayurvedic treatment for IBS is to restore any imbalance that has been caused by removing the unnecessary toxins from within. One can start their IBS treatment by taking an ayurvedic approach.
The two main goals of treating IBS using ayurvedic treatment -
The first goal is to reduce the Ama or the toxins produced in the body. Whenever you eat something, the digestion of it is initiated by Agni. Some problems associated with it can increase the Ama. Therefore, you treat Ama first. The second goal is to treat the doshas to bring in a balance between them. These are integral for Ayurvedic Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Some tips related to ayurvedic treatment to reduce IBS
Here are some important tips that you can keep in mind -
- Follow a bland diet - This will ensure that the toxins are eliminated from the body without the build-up of new ones as a bland diet takes care of it. It also reduces the chances of irritation.
- Aromatherapy and meditation to reduce stress - stress can also cause IBS, so you can reduce it by meditation and aromatherapy as well.
- Yoga - Yoga is an age-old technique to reduce the physical ailments of the body and the stress caused by it.
- Consume herbal tonics - Certain tonics look after specific imbalances that can treat Chronic IBS.
Ayurvedic treatment has been a treatment modality for centuries. There is no denying the fact that it can be effective against Chronic Irritable Bowel Syndrome as well.
Please Get to know The Recovery Story of IBS.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Feel free to contact us & consult with our expert doctors both online & offline!
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us on email@example.com or
Author of the Blog: Dr. Deepali Shastri
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd