The Best Diet That Helps Reduce Anxiety, Depression, and Stress
Managing anxiety, depression is possible through lifestyle changes. Eating a diet high in nourishing your brains, such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, proteins, vitamin B and antioxidant-rich foods can highly help. People who are obese may be more likely to become depressed or stressed. This wholesome diet can bring balance for them too.
Red Meat, canned food, frozen foods, raw vegetables and salads, white sugar, wheat, yogurt, processed cheese, sour and spice foods. These increase Tamas' quality of mind and increase stress, anxiety, and depression. So avoid them.
- Cooked vegetables such as squashes, carrots, beetroot, pumpkins, leafy greens, dark green vegetables, broccoli, cantaloupe, collards, spinach, sweet potato, peppers, beans, peas.
- Pulses & grains: Mung and split mung beans, yellow and red lentils, legumes, brown rice, oatmeal, red and white millets.
- Diary: Milk should be taken warm and, preferably, spiced with ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, or turmeric. Good alternatives to cow's milk are soya milk, rice milk, almond milk, oats milk, or coconut milk. Margarine and fresh cheese.
- Sweeteners: Jaggery (solidified sugar cane juice), raw cane sugar, dates sugar, molasses, or honey.
- Fruits: Pomegranate, coconut, figs, dates, Apricots, sweet oranges, sweet grapefruits, kiwi, blueberries.
- Drinks: Black tea, ginger tea.
- Seeds and nuts: Brazil nuts (only 1-2 per day), Pumpkin, figs, almonds, walnuts, pistachio nourish Satva character. Flax seeds (omega 3).
- Oils: Canola and soya oil.
- Pure Cow’s ghee is the best to nourish the mental channels, calming emotions. Thus relieves stress, anxiety, and depression remarkably.
- Dosha balancing spices: Spice up your foods with spices such as ginger, coriander, garlic, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel, and saffron. Have lots of ghee in your diet for nourishing the mental channels and promoting the Satva quality of the mind.
- Moderately can be taken: Freshwater fish, chicken, or turkey.
- If children take 10 almonds, 5 walnuts, and 3 teaspoons of ghee every day, they will not get hyperactive, and they will grow with a strong capacity to deal with Depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Have positive thinking.
- Always remember to "forgive and forget."
- Create interest in living life & create enthusiasm
- Pranayam, breathing exercises. Observe your breath for 10 minutes every morning.
- Activities such as walking, cycling, jogging, or dancing.
- Avoid suppressing the natural urges
- Avoid negative thoughts
- Avoid stress, tension, anxiety, anger, worries
- Smoking and alcohol – increases anxiety and depression.
For chronic anxiety, stress, and depression, one has to follow herbal remedies and natural home remedies also for remarkable results.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/2Zgpimk
For more information write to us at email@example.com
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd