5 exercises to get relief from Arthritis (Joints Pain)
Arthritis is a swelling of one or more joints, leading to pain and stiffness that can worsen with age. Exercise is essential for people with arthritis. It improves vitality and elasticity, decreases joint pain and aids in combat fatigue. Of course, when stiff and aching joints are already pissing you off, the idea of exercising or swimming a few laps might seem terrifying.
But to help reduce arthritis symptoms you don't require to run a marathon or race as fast as an Olympic competitor. Even moderate activity daily can relieve your pain and help you manage a healthy weight.
Here are some reasons to exercise with Arthritis:
- Exercise strengthens your muscles.
- Exercise helps you support bone power.
- Exercise helps you regulate your weight.
- Exercise keeps the joint’s complete range of movement.
- Healthy muscles help the joint incorporate shock.
- Exercise enhances your quality of life.
Symptoms of Arthritis:
- Joints pain
- Morning stiffness.
Ayushakti brings you 5 exercises to get relief for Arthritis:
- Leg Raise
- Lie flat on your spine on the floor or carpet with your arms on the sides, toes upward.
- Maintain your leg straight while stretching your leg muscles, and gently raise it a few inches.
- Clench your abdomen muscles to push your lower backbone down.
- Hold and count to 7, then lower your leg as gently as feasible.
- Repeat, then change to the other leg.
Exercise suggestion: Start with 1 set of 4 for each leg.
- Leg Stretch
- Rest on the ground with both legs out on the same level. Uphold yourself with your palms on either side of your sides and keep your back upright. Gradually bend one knee until it feels pulled a bit, but not until it becomes uncomfortable.
- Keep your leg in that pose for 5 seconds, then gently unfold your leg out as far as possible, and repeat staying there for 5 seconds.
Exercise suggestion: Repeat and change legs whenever one of the legs mounts to tire, 10 times.
- Range-of-Motion Exercises
These activities decrease stiffness and improve your capability to move your joints in their full range of movement. These exercises might include motions such as lifting your arms over your head or spinning your shoulders ahead and behind. In most instances, these exercises can be done every day.
Walking is a moderate-impact form of activity that can benefit aerobic conditioning, heart health and joint strength, and mood. It is necessary to wear appropriate running shoes and sip a lot of water to stay hydrated, even if the walking is not exhausting. It is oftentimes practical to walk gently initially and then increase the speed when feasible. A walking routine is advised to start on flat surfaces before proceeding to climb uphill, downhill, or rugged surfaces.
Yoga is not only about exercises related to breathing routines and meditation, but it involves a range of activities that decrease joint soreness, promotes joint elasticity and tightness, and reduces stress to support better sleep. Training weekly significantly decreases the shock and stiffness linked with arthritis. It also helps to enhance the range of movement in the joints. On days when you’re undergoing a severe arthritis flare, proceeding to do some type of physical activity like yoga, if feasible, can help you support joint elasticity.
Tips for Exercising
- Be regular.
- Seek varieties in exercising.
- Listen to the body.
- Pay awareness to small things.
- Work with a physical specialist.
- Modify exercises according to symptoms.
- Accessorize for support and protection.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd