5 Tips To Treat Back Pain Naturally
Back pain is a very common health complaint. According to the Ayurvedic principle, Pitta dosha is made of fire and water and Kapha dosha is made of earth and water. Vata dosha is made of ether and air, which is the dosha most involved with back or lower back pain.
In today's sedentary lifestyle, if you are dealing with such a problem, there are several ways through which you can reduce Vata dosha. Let's dive into some top ayurvedic remedies for back pain & tackle this difficulty with a natural approach.
1) Have an anti-inflammatory drink every day -
When you consume such drinks, several antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and even anti-cancer agents build up in your blood. After some time, these powerful agents can play a vital part in reducing and/or eliminating inflammatory reactions in the body. Drinking these healthy drinks on a routine basis may help reduce your back pain.
Turmeric contains antioxidant, anti-arthritic, and anti-inflammatory properties. An easy method is to mix a small quantity (1/2 teaspoon) of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk. You can add honey to the milk if you prefer a sweet taste. Consume this drink, preferably just before bedtime to allow the anti-inflammatory process to work while you sleep.
You can also try infused herbal drinks, such as ginger-green tea, which contains the pain-relieving benefits of both green tea and ginger.
2) Avoid continued static posture -
It is essential to consider the joints and muscles of your spine and hip. Limit fatigue and stresses on these joints by following the below steps -
- Avoid excessive sitting
- Check your posture
- Rotate activities (Don't just use up the same muscle/joint for the activity)
3) Gently stretch through yoga -
Yoga is an influential way to stretch your back, enhance the health of muscles and joints, intensify the distribution of healing nutrients through blood circulation, and increase the flexibility of the spine. Through yoga, help loosen your spine and also reduce stiffness and aches in your back.
4) Mindful meditation -
Meditation is an excellent way to improve concentration, release feel-good hormones (endorphins), and decrease anxiety and stress. Through mindful meditation, you can control the way your body perceives pain.
5) Reduce your intake of strong spices -
Utilizing greatly pungent spices in your food can have a very drying effect on the body. Because dryness is one of the main qualities of Vata dosha, it gets multiplied with drying substances, and this can lead to constipation, as well as lower back pain due to stasis of the stools.
Along with these 5 ayurvedic home remedies for back pain, below are some tips that we'll recommend for your 'natural approach' treatment -
- Regular application of an ice pack and hot pack to reduce the pain, warm Epsom salt baths can prove to be effective
- Spiced tea when consumed on regular basis can help reduce backache naturally. Add five cloves, five black peppercorns, and one gram of dry ginger powder in the tea and drink it two times a day
- Garlic oil massages can be highly beneficial in the treatment
- Warm coconut oil or mint oil mixed with camphor powder or dried ginger and garlic can also be used to massage the back
- Boil 10 basil leaves in 1 cup of water till it reduces to half, add some salt and drink it regularly
- A concoction of fresh lemon juice and salt will help relieve back pain
- Massaging the back with turpentine oil, mustard oil, or eucalyptus oil is another effective natural home remedy
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Feel free to contact us & consult with our expert doctors both online & offline!
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us on email@example.com or
Author of the Blog: Dr. Deepali Shastri
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd