NATURAL WAYS TO REDUCE BLOOD PRESSURE
If you're concerned lately about the rising blood pressure levels, you might want to know how the natural approach can be beneficial in avoiding those long-lasting medications.
In these pandemic times, you might just want to know how you can easily normalize your blood pressure staying at home. Let's find out some of the key aspects that you can consider in bringing down that high force of the blood.
Hypertension - Types & Causes
Many people won't experience any symptoms and would take decades for the condition to reach severe levels. Most people have a type of high blood pressure that's called Primary or Essential Hypertension; there is no identifiable cause of their condition. Whereas Secondary Hypertension often occurs quickly and becomes more severe. The exact causes of high blood pressure are not known, but several things play a role –
- Lack of physical activity
- Too much salt in the diet
- Diet with processed food
- Being overweight or obese
- Lifestyle habits like Smoking & Alcohol Consumption
- Old Age
- Chronic kidney disease
- Obstructive sleep apnea
WHY YOU SHOULD LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE NATURALLY?
Ayurveda suggests that if you're normalizing the blood pressure through drugs/medications, it will affect you in the long term. The natural ways like changing the diet, lifestyle & taking proper herbal remedies will benefit you in avoiding those side effects from the High BP Medicines.
According to a trusted health informatory & UK hospital, the side effects of high blood pressure medicines are –
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Erection problems
- Feeling nervous
- Feeling tired, weak, drowsy, or a lack of energy
- Nausea or vomiting
- Skin rash
- Weight loss or gain without trying
THE NATURAL APPROACH
We strongly recommend this approach; it is simple and highly efficient. If you bring these below changes or incorporate these practices, you won't need the medications that you are continuing for the condition.
- Diet - What you eat plays a major role in reducing that high blood pressure
- Lifestyle - Bringing changes in your lifestyle, like Quitting Smoking & Excessive Alcohol consumption, Increasing Physical activity, Losing weight if you're obese & managing your stress properly
- Kitchen Formulas - Your kitchen has immense potential in assisting your well-being (more on this at the end of the article)
- Detox Programs - For removing the toxins
- Herbal Remedies - Some Herbal extracts like Nir Brahmi ghan, Sarpagandha, Arjun ghan etc. are ideal for treating the elevated blood pressure
Removing Ama (Mucus/Toxins) - According to Ayurveda, ama tends to accumulate in the system and blocks the channels of the body, causing a variety of conditions. The above 5 methods combined, helps in the removal of this Ama or mucus accumulated in the system.
DIETARY CHANGES TO TACKLE HYPERTENSION
The easiest way to tackle high blood pressure and prevent possible complications is by following a proper diet. Go through this above list for the dietary guidelines:
- Avoid Wheat completely (If you're above 35-40)
- Consume a gluten-free diet
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy foods
- Eat freshly cooked food, rather than the processed
- Cut back on foods that are high in saturated fat, cholesterol
- Focus more on proteins
- Whole grains like Millet, Quinoa, Spelt, Dinkel should be consumed
- Stop the Dairy Products & Red Meat consumption
- For Non-Veg, you can consume Chicken, Fish & Eggs
- Incorporate Fresh Juices & Soup in your Diet
A Balanced Diet should have 60% Cooked Vegetables, 30% Proteins & 10 % Carbohydrates (Whole grains).
Watch this video series on High Blood Pressure by our Co- Founder, Dr Smita Pankaj Naram- https://bit.ly/3hFpmCN
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us on email@example.com or
Author of the Blog: Dr. Deepali Shastri
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd