Have you at any point seen the skin around your nails peeling off? However, it is an extremely normal issue during climate change. There can also be different purposes, such as natural aggravations, sensitivities, certain skin conditions, etc. Discover various reasons for fingertips peeling, how you can manage the condition, and Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Healthy Nails along with some other preventive measures.
What Does Skin Peeling Around Nails Mean?
Fingertips peeling is where the upper layer of your skin or epidermis around the nails becomes dry and, at last, begins to strip off. Here and there, it may be joined by different side effects like irritation, rash, redness, aggravation, etc.
Mostly, it’s anything but an important concern; however, it may be awkward while playing out your day-to-day errands utilising fingers. Although, it can also be related to other ailments, which might require a timely diagnosis.
Causes of Fingertips Peeling:
In Ayurveda, “Twak sphutana“, cracking or peeling of skin can happen because of the accompanying reasons. The following are a few:
- Rakta dhatu kshaya: Depleting blood tissue (anaemia) can cause the skin to break and peel.
- Vata-Kapha Dosha: Skin hydration gets hampered while Vata, inferable from its evaporating activity, is dry. Kapha also thickens the surface of Rasa (Lymph). The Vata-Kapha irritation can be occasional, humoral, or diet-connected.
7 Reasons Your Skin Peeling Near Your Nails!
Let’s understand the various causes of fingertip peeling:
1. Environment Factor
Dry weather patterns in winter or higher heights can make the skin around nails break and peel off. You may likewise encounter peeling of fingertips in the late spring for a very long time because of extreme sweating or, on the other hand, if any aggravations are present in sunscreens.
When your skin is exposed to unsafe sun rays for quite a while, it brings about sun-related burns. The impacted region of your skin becomes red and feels warm and delicate to the touch. The skin in the impacted areas begins to peel after a couple of days or weeks.
3. Using Hand Wash frequently
According to Ayurveda, continuous hand washing and excessive use of hand sanitisers cause dryness in the skin, which increases the chance of getting microbes.
3. Hand Eczema
Atopic dermatitis or common irritation on the skin can prompt hand skin inflammation. When somebody has hand dermatitis, the individual might encounter bothered palm skin, which breaks and peels off. Also, the skin becomes red, delicate to the touch, and tingles.
5. Exfoliative Keratolysis
Generally, exfoliative keratolysis happens in summer. In this skin condition, the skin of your palms and soles feels dry, and broken, structures rankle, and at last peels off. Using harsh cleaning agents or cleansers can irritate the condition even more.
Psoriasis is a persistent skin issue in which the skin creates sores that appear as gleaming plaques. Peeling around fingertips can be one of the symptoms of psoriasis.
7. Vitamin B-3 Deficiency Or Vitamin A Toxicity
A terrible eating routine and absence of adequate niacin or vitamin B-3 levels in your body can bring about a condition called pellagra, which can prompt dermatitis issues in your skin.
Specialists found that niacinamide up-controls the epidermal ceramide combination, which assumes a focal part in the underlying and functional integrity of the skin barrier.Similarly, consuming more vitamin A than your body requires can bring about bothersome skin alongside side effects like migraines, weakness, and dizziness. In both situations, you might encounter peeling of the aggravated skin around the nails.
How To Prevent Fingertips From Peeling Naturally?
A few preventive measures that can help keep skin peeling from around the nails include:
- Avoid using skin items containing drying or harsh synthetic substances. Additionally, wear defensive gloves on your hands while using any harsh cleaning items.
- Eating healthily and setting a routine, including foods and supplements that keep your skin healthy and hydrated, is important.
- Never miss applying lotion in your regular skin care schedule. Always carry a little lotion bottle with you and use it whenever required, particularly when you step out in chilly climate conditions.
- Keep yourself hydrated every day to prevent your skin from getting peeling dry.
- Boiling water can also irritate skin dryness and may bring about peeling. Thus, stay away from your fingertips reaching out to heated water.
- Try not to use harsh sanitisers. You can choose gentle or natural options.
- Try not to open your skin to allergens that can cause contact with certain skin disorders, for example, dermatitis.
Essential Tips for Healthy Cuticles and Remedies for Peeling Fingertips
Proper cuticle care is crucial for maintaining healthy nails and promoting their growth. Discover various Ayurvedic home remedies to alleviate the discomfort of peeling fingertips caused by overexposure to harsh chemicals.
1. Gentle Cuticle Care:
Cuticles play a vital role in protecting the base of your nails. Cutting them incorrectly during a manicure can hinder their growth. Instead of using a cuticle cutter, adopt the method used by professional manicurists – gently pushing back the cuticles. This technique, followed by the application of nourishing cuticle oil or cream, can help maintain healthy cuticles.
2. DIY Cuticle Oil Recipe:
If you don’t have a cuticle oil on hand, you can easily create your own using warm oils of Olive, Almond, and Coconut. This combination provides essential nutrients for your cuticles. For a pleasant fragrance, consider adding a drop of your favourite essential oil. Soak your fingers in this mixture for 3-5 minutes, and with regular use, you can expect softer, plumper hands and stronger nails.
3. Remedies for Peeling Fingertips:
Peeling skin on fingertips can be uncomfortable and hinder daily tasks, often caused by exposure to harsh chemicals. Here are some natural remedies to soothe the burning sensation and discomfort associated with peeling fingertips:
- Aloe Vera Gel: Known for its healing properties, aloe vera gel can provide relief and promote skin regeneration.
- Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil to moisturize and nourish the affected area, helping to alleviate dryness and discomfort.
- Oats and Milk: Make a paste using oats and milk, then apply it to the peeling fingertips. This mixture can help soothe and hydrate the skin.
- Bananas with Honey: Mash a ripe banana and mix it with honey to create a natural moisturizing mask. Apply it to the affected fingertips for relief and hydration.
By adopting gentle cuticle care practices and utilizing natural remedies, you can maintain healthy cuticles and alleviate the discomfort of peeling fingertips. Incorporate these tips into your routine for stronger nails and healthier skin on your hands. Remember, healthy cuticles are the foundation of beautiful nails.
Skin peeling around the fingertips is the most widely recognised issue. While generally speaking, it is easy. Certain individuals might encounter bother and pain while performing daily exercises.
At Ayushakti, we modify an Ayurvedic skincare routine for you by understanding your skin type and its particular requirements.
For powerful health transformation stories, subscribe to the Ayushakti YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AyushaktiTV
For regular health tips & updates visit Ayushakti’s Social Media Pages:
- Facebook – Ayushakti Ayurved | Facebook
- Instagram – Ayushakti Ayurved (@ayushakti) • Instagram photos and videos
- Pinterest – ayushaktiayurveda – Profile | Pinterest
Get all the updates about Ayushakti Ayurved on WhatsApp directly. Click here to Join our WhatsApp Channel
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every way possible. Our Ayurvedic experts are available to give you a consultation either over the phone or through a video consultation. We recommend customised diets, home remedies, and detox therapies to help you find long-term relief from health problems. Book your consultation here: https://bit.ly/3ZroV31
If you would like to know the location or visit one of our centres, please click here: https://www.ayushakti.com/home/p/contact
For more information, write to us at email@example.com. You can contact us on our toll-free numbers – 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global).
Blog Author: Dr Rajeshree Mehta
Expert Review: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd
Disclaimer: This blog is for educational purposes only. Please consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before trying or consuming any medicines, home remedies or treatments mentioned in this blog. The information provided is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.