Summer season can bring with it, a number of health problems. These health problems affect different parts of the body, like your skin, hair, etc. The conditions can be in the form of heat boils, sunstrokes and other similar conditions. These conditions are usually prevalent when the season changes, but our diet and lifestyle don’t. Summer season requires your diet and lifestyle to be altered to adapt to the heat.
Change is necessary to move forward in life. If we do not change or adapt our habits accordingly, it will affect our health in adverse ways, which to be definitely avoided.
Healthcare in summer season involves a number of changes. One major change or step would be to eat fresh, organic, and seasonal produce. This means that it would be advisable to include fruits and vegetables that are grown in the summer season, have been produced using organic methods (that do not involve pesticides and other chemical/synthetic substances in fertilizers), and that are fresh, hygienic and purchased from trusted sellers and distributors. Almost every medicine/health-care system in the world would definitely drive this point as eating fresh food is the cornerstone of good health. Also, good health is essential to tackle the yearly seasons.
Another way to look at this comes from the perspective that Summer is the best season to improve your health. If you think about it, in summer, the days are longer. Also, the days are much warmer, making us somewhat lazier in our approach. So, a log, warm, lazy summer afternoon would be a perfect time to sit and inculcate small (but valuable) changes in lifestyle and dietary habits. A laid back afternoon can be a good time for a siesta’. But it can also be utilized to think and decide an approach towards your health.
Healthcare in the summer season can be improved by following the tips given below:
- Mind your surroundings: When out in nature, make sure you are aware of the surroundings that are affecting you. If you are out too long in the sun, make sure you also find places of shade where you can take respite. If you are out in areas where there are a lot of shrubs and bushes, then make sure that you have creams/lotions/clothes that can help deal with insect and tick bites.
- Relax a bit: Don’t work for long, exhausting hours. Spending excess of your time working in hot weather might drain you, affecting your productivity in the future. Relax a bit every now and then. Take time off from work and give yourself some rest.
- Nutrition: Getting proper nutrition is the key to good health. Without proper nutrition, no person in this world can be truly healthy. Adopting healthy dietary changes that are suitable for this season would be the correct thing to do.
- Disconnect from technology: Once in a while, leave your phone at home, when going out, or, spend a week without watching any television. Staying away from technology can help you relax and can help your devices to relax, once in a while.
- Spend time with people: Spend time with people and relax a bit. Taking in all the heat and the sun can be tiring. Sharing the exhaustion would be a great addition to your healthcare in the summer season.
- Food: While watching your nutrition, try to incorporate foods that are naturally cooling for the body. Fresh fruits, vegetables, salads and water would be ideal. Do not forget to include protein in our diet, so as to provide some strength to bear the long hours.
- Exercise: Yes, hot and humid weather is no reason to not exercise for 2-3 months. The exercise involves aerobic activity that can help strengthen your lungs and your heart. Take part in outdoor activities such as cycling, swimming, hiking, etc. These activities help align your mind and your body, which can help to achieve overall fitness.
- Possessions: Last but not the least, while going out, protect yourself from the sun with hats and natural sunscreens. Don’t avoid the sun all the time. Just make sure that you don’t over-expose your skin to the sun, so as to avoid sunburn and any other skin disorder.
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts on phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us at email@example.com
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd