Many people get stiffness, inflammation, and pain around the shoulder joint, containing shoulder bone, collar bone, and bone of your hand. Slowly and steadily, this pain converts into severe stiffness and permanent immobility. This pain even goes to the neck areas and causes neck pain and headache due to nerve pinching.
Why does it happen?
Working on the computer for a long time is the number one reason for frozen shoulders and stiff neck in youngsters. Another cause is immobility due to injury etc.
In the beginning, the pain is so excruciating that at night by chance, if you sleep on that side where there is a frozen shoulder, you wake up with severe pain.
After some months, this converts into severe stiffness. You cannot do your regular work. Unable to comb your hair, have difficulty wearing the clothes, or not playing your favorite sports, unable to do house chores, etc. After some years of this stiffness and immobility, you accept this as your permanent life situation and live with it.
But when you do some quick exercises for the shoulder and neck, this pain goes away automatically. And you feel much better.
Believe it or not, slowly, your mobility will come back. In the beginning, do it slowly and as much as you can. Then slowly increase your capacity and range day by day.
Follow these proven six practical exercises, and you get relief in no time.
- The shoulder squeezes and pulls it back towards the spine.
Position yourself as a stand or sit straight. Stretch your arms 90 degrees in front. Squeeze and pull the arms back as much as possible. You feel the pressure on the shoulder, back and spine.
On the first day start with 10 times and gradually increase up to 25 times.
Benefits: This helps the whole shoulder muscles to stretch and improves the circulation around it. Slowly it improves flexibility and relieves pain.
- Stretch your head towards your shoulder
When you stretch your head to the shoulder, you can feel the pain initially. But within two days, you can feel great relief from pain.
Tilt your head towards your shoulder and hold for 15-20 seconds. Repeat the same on the other side. Do it 10 times daily, 2- 3 times a day, or whenever you are free. It’s the best exercise even to avoid shoulder and neck pain
- Neck Rotation
Rotate your neck by turning your head sideways clockwise and anti-clockwise 8-10 times. It will always strengthen your muscles and prevent any neck injuries.
- Pendulum stretch
- Stand straight and relax your shoulders.
- Lean over slightly and allow the affected arm to hand down
- Start moving the arm from front to back like a pendulum ten times in the beginning. Then increase it till 20 and then 30 times.
- Then swinging the arm in a small circle ten times in a clockwise direction. Then repeat turning the arm in an anti-clockwise direction ten times
- Do this exercise once daily initially and gradually increase the number of repetitions 20 and 30 times. Then continue daily 30 times.
- Crossbody reach
Crossbody reach is another effective exercise for frozen shoulders.
- Stretch your right hand to the opposite side, hold and press it with the left hand as shown in the picture until you feel the pain. Do it daily ten times.
- Repeat the same with the left hand- stretch the left hand to the right side, hold and press it with the right hand ten times.
- Shoulder Bridge
- Lay down straight on your back with legs folded position as shown in the picture
- While both arms are straight on the floor, slowly raise your lower body as much as you can.
- Hold for 10 seconds and return to the first position.
Ayushakti’s specialized treatments have helped thousands of people worldwide get rid of old and chronic frozen shoulders.
Avoid these foods to have more in-depth and long-lasting flexible joints. Download your e booklet to know more
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/2Zgpimk
For more information write to us at email@example.com
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd