Remember The Flu Its That Time Of Year Again
Winter is known as the time of cold, fever, and flu. Diet and lifestyle have to change with the seasons. Ayurveda suggests a unique way of life and remedies for the common cold. It is a great option for treating a cold because it only contains natural ingredients.
In Ayurveda, the common cold is referred to as Pratishyaya. Your body's three doshas are all to blame for this condition. Mucus discharge, a runny nose, and a dry cough are signs of a cold caused by the Vata dosha. A fever, sore throat, and blocked nose are all symptoms of a pitta dosha cold. Headaches, heaviness, and thick mucus discharge are all symptoms of a Kapha dosha-related cold.
What is Flu?
The viral infection, the flu, or influenza, primarily affects our respiratory system. Most cases of influenza go away on their own, but in serious cases, complications can lead to death. Types A and B of the influenza virus cause seasonal epidemics of the flu.
Influenza virus type C causes influenza. Because they are in the air as droplets, these viruses can spread from one person to another through coughing, sneezing, and talking. Contact with contaminated objects can result in an infection for some individuals.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Flu?
- Children under the age of 5 are at particularly high risk for contracting the flu.
- Older people and Children
- People with weak immune systems
- Infections are more likely to occur in individuals with asthma, diabetes, kidney disease, or heart disease.
What are the Causes of Winter Flu?
- Clearing the throat
- Viruses and bacteria
- Medicines -Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Damage to the vocal cords
- Postnasal drip
- Bacterial infections such as pneumonia, whooping cough, and croup
- Serious conditions such as pulmonary embolism and heart failure
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Ayushakti treatment fundamental
- Kapha pacification (Reduce nasal blockage, heaviness & congestion)
- Regulate Vata movement (Rectify Vata movement)
- Increase immunity (Balance Doshas and metabolic fire)
Try these Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Flu
There are numerous Ayurvedic cold and flu remedies. The following are few simple and effective ayurvedic remedies you can try without much efforts.
1. What can I drink to cure flu? Drink warm ginger water throughout day.
Method to make Ginger water :
- Water 5 glass
- Ginger powder 1 tbsp
- Boil and filter.
2. Herbal Concoction for Relief from Flu
- 1/4 tsp of Ginger powder
- 1 tsp of Cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp of Coriander seed powder
- 20 Rose petals
- 10 Black raisin
- Soak all this ingredients in 1/2 glass of warm water and drink after every 2 hours.
3. Chew 8-10 basil (tulsi) leaves daily in the morning on empty stomach.
4. Drink lukewarm warm water with dry ginger powder, throughout the day.
5. Steam inhalation with carom seeds for 2-3 minutes daily.
Try this Easy home remedy for cold and flu
- Take 1 tsp fresh ginger juice
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric juice
- 1 tsp basil (tulsi) leaves juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix all the ingredients and consume in the morning.
Follow this very safe and effective home remedy to clear the congestion and expel the mucus.
- 1. ¼ tsp. Fresh ginger (adrak) juice
- 2. ¼ tsp. Turmeric (haldi) powder
- 3. ¼ tsp. Garlic (lasoon) juice
- 4. ½ tsp. Fresh basil (tulsi) leaf juice
- 5. 2 tsp. Honey (madh)
- 6. 1 pinch of Black pepper (kali mirch)powder
Mix all the ingredients well. Take 1½ tspn of this mixture four times a day. Children can safely take this mixture.
In Ayurveda, the common cold is referred to as Pratishyaya. Mucus discharge, a runny nose, and a dry cough are signs of a cold caused by the Vata dosha. A fever, sore throat, and blocked nose are all symptoms of a pitta dosha cold. There are numerous Ayurvedic cold and flu remedies. You can try the above easy and effective home remedies for flu.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts on phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your well-being in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here - https://bit.ly/3XiG50D
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: DR KOMAL
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd