Ayurveda, the ancient science of healing gives bountiful holistic and natural ways of combatting a various skin concerns and keep the skin healthy. The well established strategies of Ayurveda goes past traditional ways to deal with find an answer to skin break out and treat it from its root rather than just topical treatment.
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition wherein overabundance creation of sebum (oil) from the sebaceous glands prompts the blockage of pores. Acne generally influences the facial skin, back and different regions that are thickly populated with sebaceous glands. Acne presents either as clogged pores, whiteheads, pimples or nodules. Ayurveda gives powerful effective root-cause answers for acne break out and other skin issues.
Signs And Symptoms
- Pimples on face, chest or back
- Whiteheads or pustules
- Red and swollen pimples with visible pus
- Painful to touch pimples
What Causes Acne?
Ayurveda characterizes every human as an unique balance of the elements. The five components or Pancha Maha Bhootas are earth, fire, water, air, and space. Every human body is made out of these components in a one of a unique balance. Ayurveda likewise characterizes three Doshas; Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
Each individual has these three elements in a special balance as well. The abundance or lack of these Doshas causes different medical problems.
A healthy individual has these Doshas in balance. As per Ayurveda, the main reason for Acne break out is the debilitation of Agni (the stomach related fire in one’s body) which prompts imbalance of all the 3 doshas, chiefly the Pitta dosha, which further impedes the blood and fat tissues.
When boys and girls reach 12-14 years of age, hormonal changes often result in acne on the face. Sometimes, it goes away in a year or two. But often it can stay until the 30s. In some women, acne may return when menopause begins. Acne occurs as a result of too much heat in the body
Subsequently the vitiated doshas produce toxins that block the pores/srotas of the impacted regions prompting pimple formation. In various skin types, the impacts, the force and the recuperating time frame is different as per factors like diet, way of life and stress levels.
According to Ayurveda, other factors that can causes:
- Person indulges in food consisting of excess astringent, pungent, bitter and rough items
- Excessive intake of cold water, cold potency foods, residing in cold place
- Excessive exercise, sexual intercourse, long walk beyond one’s capacity
- Intake of food which is deficient or excessive in quantity
- Intake of the food before or long after the meal time
- Constipation associated with flatulence
- Excessive dryness in the body
- Fasting in excess
- Intake of excessive aquatic meat, marshy animals and birds
- Intake of excess curd and un-boiled milk
- Intake of diet consisting of salty, sour, pungent, alkaline, fatty and uncooked food
- Excessive use of oils, radish, horse gram, black gram, and other leguminous vegetables
- Excessive use of sesame paste, sugarcane, curd, sour gruel, buttermilk, sura- asavas i.e. alcohol based drinks
- Incompatible foods like fruits with milk
- Eating during indigestion
- Day sleep
Treatment of Acne and Pimples
To treat the root cause of Acne, an individual is suggested a pitta-conciliating diet. The individuals who see continuous outbreaks of acne, should stay away from oily, spicy, sour and fermented foods.
The three Ayurvedic tastes that assist with adjusting Pitta are sweet, bitter and astringent, so include more of these tastes in your everyday eating routine.
Detoxification is very important in all types of skin disease. Virechan and Basti in Skinotox effectively reduce the excess heat and toxins from the body and help the skin to return to normal slowly and steadily.
Detoxification treatments are done in Ayushakti clinics worldwide.
Treatment for Acne involves reducing Pitta and Ama. Along with this, one should also avoid external heat.
Diet and lifestyle to eliminate acne should include following a Pitta and Ama reducing diet to balance the doshas, pacify the Pitta and reduce Ama.
Important: Do not squeeze pimples, because this can spread the infection, causing more pimples and possibly scars. Face pack treatment for acne
Lifestyle Changes For Clear Skin
- Avoid over-exposure to sun and wind, smoking and late nights.
- Only eat when hungry, don’t eat when you’re not hungry. Refrain from when stressed, anxious or angry.
- Don’t wear synthetic clothes or use chemical cosmetics,
- When you wash your face, allow the water to dry naturally so that it moisturizes the skin.
Exercise has been Proven Effective for Healthy Skin
Exercise improves circulation, helps remove toxins from the body, stimulates growth hormone levels and decreases destructive stress-hormone levels. In this way, exercise goes a long way toward helping slow down the ageing process.
Ayushakti has treated 3535 persons suffering from Acne and achieved many magnificent results, here’s sharing an example-
Taking everything into account, go natural on your skin break out, you will be amazed by the results. It will assist with keeping the body quiet and wipe from the back to front. Ensure you’re drinking a lot of water, as well as getting adequate sleep also as stress is known to add to Acne in grown-ups.
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your well-being in these difficult times. Book your consultation here – BOOK NOW
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers – 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr.Ronak Naik
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd.