Many women get confused between the terms PCOS and PCOD and use this term interchangeably, thinking both are the same. However both conditions are related to the hormonal and female reproductive systems, but there is a significant difference between them.
As per the Ayurveda, the female Reproductive tract (Yonivyapat) is triggered by accumulated doshas in the body, poor diet and lifestyle, imbalanced menstrual flow, and defective ovum and ovaries. As a result, the predominance of Kapha and Pitta gets aggravated. It moves to the genital tract producing sharp pain in the genital tract and an irregular monthly cycle, along with many health complications, such as inability to conceive, type 2 diabetes, endometrial cancer, etc.
Ayushakti’s treatment for PCOD/PCOS remarkably improves hormone levels and helps regulate monthly cycles with a customized diet, home remedies & herbs.
Watch Dr Smita Pankaj Naram, an Ayurveda Expert & Global Healer, sharing ancient proven secrets.
What is PCOD?
Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD) is a type of hormonal disorder in which women release an immature or partially matured egg from their ovaries each month, sometimes resulting in infertility.
The female reproductive organs are called Ovaries. They control the menstrual cycle and produce hormones like estrogen, progesterone, insulin, and relaxin. The accumulation of eggs can cause infertility by releasing enormous amounts of male hormones.
In Ayurveda, PCOD is caused by an unevenness of the two doshas – Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water). Aggravated Pitta causes pollution of the dhatus or tissues like blood and plasma. This causes a buildup of toxins (ama) in the body.
As a result of PCOD, these toxins get gathered in the channels of the mind, prompting an imbalance of hormones secreted by the pituitary organ. This results in an imbalance of female hormones and causes the arrangement of ovarian cysts, which is only an accumulation of liquids within the ovaries.
Symptoms of PCOD
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Excessive bleeding
- Recurrent acne
- Weight gain
- Dark skin pigmentation around the skin
- Hair loss
- Hirsutism (a condition in women that results in excessive growth of dark or coarse hair in a male-like pattern — face, chest and back.)
What is PCOS?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a metabolic condition that is more extreme than PCOD. In this condition, the ovaries produce more testosterone (male hormones), consistently prompting the development of over ten ovarian follicular cysts. This stops the release of the egg, starting anovulation. Symptoms incorporate going bald, weight gain and infertility. PCOS affects females after their first menstrual cycle. However, it might develop anytime during childbearing years(12 and 51 age) because of poor lifestyle and diet.
Symptoms of PCOS
Same or similar symptoms of PCOD can be experienced by PCOS sufferers, along with serious symptoms below:
- Increase in ovaries’ size, with follicles around the eggs.
- May have fewer than nine periods per year.
- Excess facial and body hair growth.
- Male-pattern baldness.
Prevent PCOS/PCOD with the help of Ayushakti
PCOS Ayurvedic treatment is slowly gaining popularity among the Indian masses and has many followers around the globe. Ayushakti’s Infertox treatment is a combination of Diet, Lifestyle, Herbs and ancient proven detox Panchakarma treatments.
- Your diet should include 60% of vegetables and 30% protein.
- Whole grains like oats, brown rice, whole wheat and quinoa. These whole grains are rich in vitamins B and E, that are essential for cellular reproduction and hormonal balance.
- Proteins like beans, peas, peanuts, mung beans and lentils are a rich source of amino acids which are good for muscles and reproductive eggs. The rich source of iron in these foods help prevent anemia, decrease the risk of ovulatory infertility and improves the functions of red blood cells.
- Yams contain ovulation stimulating substances which are rich in vitamins. Berries like raspberries and blueberries are sealed with antioxidants that protect the body from cell damage.
- Spinach and other leafy greens vegetables are an excellent source of folic acid which is a huge fertility booster. It also helps healthy ovum production.
- Avoid sugary foods as much as possible like cakes, desserts, and soda.
- Avoid fatty foods like pork, beef, fried foods, and spicy foods.
- Avoid refined foods like polished rice and refined flour.
- Intake of sodium and animal proteins should be consumed in limit.
- Cut down the habit of smoking and drinking.
Please read our detailed blog on “The Best Diet Plan For PCOS”. Click here!
- Meditation and Exercise has a positive effect on PCOS. It also helps to manage hormonal imbalances and body weight.
- Cardio is a proven good form of exercise as it reduces insulin resistance, stabilizes the mood and boosts fertility.
- 30-45 minutes of daily exercise such as walking and swimming make a great difference.
- Yoga is very effective for PCOS/PCOD sufferers. Yoga Asanas like:
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose) helps in regulating thyroid which is linked to PCOS.
- Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutation) helps in managing BMI, Body Mass Index, hip fat shedding and menstrual cycle regulation.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) makes the body flexible and relieves stress.
- Naukasana (Boat Pose) this pose focuses on the abdominal area and helps to control thyroid function.
- Avoid staying up late at night.
- Avoid being depressed. Choose an appropriate way to overcome it.
In Ayurveda, a ton of the treatment is centered around herbs and restorative plants, and given underneath are some Ayurvedic herbs that assist in the treatment of PCOD/PCOS.
Shatavari, popularly known as Sparrowgrass, does not need any introduction as it is known as an item of diet. It is a diuretic, brings clear motion and is nutritious. A variety of it in India, known as Shatavari, is considered one of the healthiest herbs.
Shatavari increases vitality and virility. It has a cooling, soothing and calming effect. It agrees more with the fire and air type of temperaments. Shatavari helps to balance hormones and helps to regulate the menstrual cycle. In addition, it helps in preventing new cysts formation in ovaries.
How to consume?
- Boil the water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Shatavari and,
- Add 1 tablespoon of Ashoka briksh.
- Give it a good boil and have it.
Kanchanar Guggulu is a traditional polyherbal formulation used for many ayurvedic medicines with great success. Kanchanar Guggulu can be used by womens who do not get clear menses and at the same time have reproductive disorders such as ovulation, fat, obesity, and hormonal imbalance.
Remember: Kanchanar Guggulu should be avoided by pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, people with clotting disorders and people with excess cholesterol levels.
How to consume?
Take Kanchanar Guggulu powder with lukewarm water after food twice a day.
Varuna works excellent in reducing the size of cysts in ovaries and helps clear the reproductive tract and regulates the menstrual cycle.
Pippali works wonders on weight management and is considered an incredible rejuvenator. Pippali has antioxidant and carminative properties, which help to prevent oxidation of cells in the reproductive system.
Panchkarma is a purification process and one of the traditional limbs of Ayurveda treatment. This 5-week residential Ayurveda treatment programme completely cleanses and then rejuvenates the body, freeing the mind and emotions of toxins. Panchkarma is an ideal choice for PCOS/PCOD sufferers as it cleanses the body inside out.
Every individual patient receives a unique treatment combination of the five processes according to their specific health needs.
- Basti (Oil Enemas)
- Nasya(Nasal Passage Cleansing)
- Vamana (Therapeutic vomiting)
- Raktamokshana (Bloodletting)
Ayushakti’s detoxification Panchkarma treatments are highly focused on relieving the root cause of any chronic problem by cleansing, repairing and rejuvenating the deeper tissues and cells in your body. Click here to check out our Panchkarma Detoxification Plan
These are some of the amazing stories of PCOS/PCOD patients around the globe who have reversed the disorder by taking treatment from Ayushakti.
One year of suffering PCOS and weight gain got relieved
“I was suffering from PCOS for the past year and have tried many treatments without any relief. I have gained 10 kgs of weight. Due to which my body gets a lot of swelling before the cycle. I have followed Ayushakti’s doctor-recommended treatment and within one week the swelling throughout my body has been reduced by 30-40%.”
My periods returned after one year with Ayushakti’s herbs
Marline Wanzenbock, Vienna
“My periods were irregular and this problem started when I was 16years old. I’ve tried hormonal balancing therapy and many other medicines but nothing worked for me. Since last year, my periods have completely stopped. I was unable to get pregnant. And guess what? At that very time, I came across Ayushakti, and within three months of taking Ayushakti’s experts recommended herbs and diet, my period came back. “
WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU GET THROUGH AYUSHAKTI’S TREATMENT?
- Reverses PCOS-PCOD.2. Balances hormones and regulates the menstrual cycle.
- Reduces the possibility of difficulty in getting pregnant.
- Improves the quality of eggs and promotes fertility.
- Clear skin, thick hair, happy moods & good energy.
- Balanced weight.
The Bottom Line
PCOS/PCOD is a cause of infertility among females; however, negligence is the primary cause of any health disorder. If your wife, daughter or mother is experiencing similar or identical symptoms. Don’t hesitate to contact the doctor, and please opt for natural options.
Ayurveda helps manage the symptoms of PCOS/PCOD, lowers the risk of other severe health issues and helps conceive without any side effects.
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your well-being in these difficult times. Book your consultation here – BOOK NOW
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers – 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr.Ronak Naik
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd.