Healthy food choices which improve your metabolism and boost immunity can help you feel better and prevent further relapses. Here are the proven diet plans for you.
Here are the food items that should be avoided completely
- Wheat/gluten-containing foods
Red meat such as pork, beef, mutton, and deep-fried foods. These foods harshly reduce the digestive fire (Agni) and create mucus and toxins (aam). These expand water retention and cause swelling.
- Sour and fermented foods
Food items such as tamarind, lemon, tomatoes, vinegar, yogurt, alcohol, cheese, and all sour fruits. These increase Vata dosha and inflammation.
- Packaged and fried foods
Trans fat or partially hydrogenated oil is found in packaged and fried foods such as cookies, crackers, cakes, muffins, pie crusts, pizza dough, french fries, fried chicken, and hard taco shells. Hence to Avoid them.
- Processed Meat
Many different studies have established a link between cancer risk and eating processed meat such as bacon, sausages, hotdogs, pepperoni, and salami. The safe strategy is to limit the amount of processed meat and vary diet by seeking out other protein sources such as fish, chicken, eggs, nuts, soy, lentils, and mung.
Eat more of
- Cooked vegetables – All squashes, gourds, pumpkins, fenugreek, spinach, dill, fresh green peas, mange-tout, asparagus, fennel, sweet, sweet corn, onions, carrots, parsnips, beetroot, celery, chicory, leeks, and all green leafy vegetables.
- Pulses – such as mung and split mung beans, yellow and red lentils.
- Grains – Rice, oat, rye, maize, millet, quinoa, Amaranth, Kamut, Spelt, Polenta.
- Fruits – Sweet fruits such as apples, pears, apricots, cherries, plums, sweet. berries, blueberries, fresh figs, dates, papaya, and pomegranate.
- Beverages – Black tea, herbal teas, Caro or Barley Cup, ginger tea, green tea.
- Spices – Use lots of spices in your cooking like cumin, coriander, fennel, saffron, black pepper, garlic, turmeric, ginger, and asafoetida for Vata balancing and reducing fats & toxins. Try using these spices in soups, salads, and all other foods.
- Unsaturated fats – add more unsaturated fats from fish, olive oil, nuts, and avocados. Omega-3 fatty acids found in tuna, salmon, and flaxseeds can fight inflammation and support brain and heart health. You can cook with rice bran oil or sunflower and safflower oil.
List of vegetables & foods having BRCA mutation repairing properties
|Sr. no.||Name of Herb||Active constituent|
|4||Trichosanthes cucumerina L. ( Parval )||Cucurbitacin B (CuB)|
Indian vegetable snake gourd has lots of scientific references for having mutation repairing properties. Taking 200 gms of snake gourd cooked in any form every day helps repair the cells.
- Anulom vilom pranayama 10 minutes
- Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight. Weight gain, overweight, and obesity increase the risk of many cancers, including bowel, breast, prostate, pancreatic, endometrial, kidney, gallbladder, esophageal, and ovarian cancers.
- Be physically engaged for at least 30 minutes every day. Physical activity reduces the risk of endometrial, colon, and postmenopausal breast cancer.
- Restrict alcoholic drinks. Restrict consumption to no more than 2 drinks a day for men and one a day for women.
- Excessive exercise.
- Don’t carry a heavyweight.
- Avoid the use of air conditioners.
- Avoid suppressing natural urges.
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/2Zgpimk
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd