Eating right is a must to nourish the mental channels and thereby promote happy hormones. A satvik mind provides freshness, energetic with clear and blissful senses with positive thoughts, and creates a good sleep pattern.
Avoid these foods :
- Avoid Wheat, refined flour, meat (esp. red meat), and refined sugar.
- Sour foods such as tomatoes, all sour fruits, vinegar, and hot spices like chilies and deep-fried foods.
- Fermented or fermentation increasing foods such as yogurt, alcohol, cheese (esp. old and hard ones), and yeast containing foods such as marmite, vegetarian pâtes, soya sauce, and beer.
- Avoid Raw vegetables, sprouted beans, and salads.
- Ice-cold foods and- drinks.
- Ready-made, tinned, and microwaved foods.
What should you eat to have a good sleep?
- Cooked vegetables and leafy greens such as spinach, fenugreek, coriander, vegetables such as squashes, pumpkins, green gourds, french beans, carrots, beetroot, onion, garlic, ginger, zucchini.
- Pulses like mung, lentils, and split mung beans, red and yellow lentils.
- Grains like red rice, oat, rye, maize, millet, amaranth, quinoa, Kamut, spelt, polenta.
- All sweet fruits are good to eat. They should be avoided while having a cough, cold, flu, or mucus accumulation in the respiratory tract.
- Soaked seeds and nuts such as almond, pistachio, walnut.
- Dairy products – ghee(clarified butter) is the best; regular butter is also good.
- Warm milk, preferably, spiced with ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, or turmeric. Good alternatives to cow’s milk are soya milk, rice milk, almond milk, oats milk, or coconut milk.
- Fresh cheeses such as quark, mozzarella, feta, and ricotta are easier to digest than hard, old ones and are also less mucus-producing.
- Sweeteners substitutes like jaggery (solidified sugar cane juice), raw cane sugar, date sugar, honey.
- Drinks: black tea, ginger tea.
- Juice: white pumpkin juice daily one glass in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Most essential is the use of various spices to balance doshas: cumin, coriander, cinnamon, clove, pepper, fennel, and saffron.
- Have positive thinking.
- Always remember to “forgive and forget.”
- Go to bed at a regular time.
- Create interest for living life & create enthusiasm
- Do yoga and meditation.
- Avoid suppressing the natural urges.
- Avoid negative thoughts
- Avoid stress, tension, anxiety, anger, worries.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Avoid caffeine after 7 pm.
- Avoid day time nap
Do these four steps to improve a positive mind and promote natural sleep (link)
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/2Zgpimk
For more information write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd