Constipation is the beginning of many other health complications such as stress and anxiety, low energy, obesity, blockages, etc. Almost everyone gets a constipation problem at some time during his or her life.
It is generally described as having fewer than three bowel movements a week. After three days, the stool or feces becomes harder, and you have to strain and push hard. The longer you wait before you ” go” to the loo, the more difficult it gets your poops to pass, which is the most common sign of Constipation. Besides that :
- Your stools are dry and hard.
- Your bowel movement is painful, and stools are difficult to pass.
- You have a feeling that you have not fully emptied your bowels.
- Feel heavy & bloated tummy.
If you’ve suffered from this problem, you know it can be both painful and frustrating.
What Constipation feels like?
Whenever there is mild to chronic Constipation, bowel movements are difficult, and sometimes the stool gets very hard like a rock. Sometimes, despite going to the toilet 3-5 times, there is still a sense of incomplete evacuation. On the days when the bowels don’t get empty in the morning, you feel like a foggy head, confused, lazy, tired, and heavy. Other symptoms are :
- Bloated and swollen abdomen
- Some times vomiting sensation
- Very hard & painful to pass the stool
Constipation is a common cause of painful defecation.
Why Constipation occurs?
The causes of Constipation are :
- Overeating heavy, sour, processed, and refined, non-fibrous food
- Old age & a sedentary lifestyle creates sluggish metabolism & digestion.
- Suppression of natural urges
- Day-sleep, insomnia
- Use of icy water
- Irritation of mind/anxiety
- certain medication’s side effects
- Neurological situations of brain or spine.
- During pregnancy, the baby presses the intestine.
- Eating many gluten & dairy products can create chronic inflammation in the bowel, and bowels can become sluggish.
How Constipation occurs according to Ayurveda?
Constipation happens because :
- Due to excess Vata — as food typically moves through the digestive tract, nutrients are absorbed. The partially digested food (waste) that remains there moves from the small intestine to the large intestine, also called the colon. The colon absorbs water from this waste, which creates a solid matter called stool. If you have too much Vata (air) in your body, the body feels dry & absorbs too much water creating dry stool.
- Low Agni (digestive enzyme ) & excess Aama mucus —If your Agni(digestive fire ) is slow, food is digested very slowly, creating sticky Aam mucus, which, when accumulated in the colon, makes sticky stool. Sticky stools get stuck in the colon &, very slowly, after several evacuations, gets cleared
When Constipation is serious
There are many reasons and types of Constipation.
Primary Constipation can be divided into three types:
- Slow-transit Constipation: gut movement decreased, and transit time is increased
- Pelvic-floor dysfunction: This results in either inappropriate anal contraction, a failure of anal relaxation, or inefficient stool propulsion.
- Normal-transit Constipation: It can be associated with elevated psychosocial distress. Those with normal-transit Constipation may even have daily bowel movements; yet describe themselves as constipated.
Secondary Constipation can be caused by metabolic disturbances like hypothyroidism, neurological problems like Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries; celiac disease; and large intestine diseases such as colon cancer. Several medications can cause secondary Constipation as well.
How is Constipation Diagnosed?
In addition to a general physical exam and a digital rectal exam, doctors use the following tests to diagnose chronic Constipation and try to find the cause:
Blood tests, X-ray, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, anorectal manometry, colonic transit study, etc.
Ayushakti doctors, through pulse diagnosis (personal meeting) or face reading (video consultation), can evaluate your health conditions, especially what is the cause of your Constipation, and advise the right treatment plan for complete relief.
Which Constipation is medicine best?
Several types of laxatives exist. Each works somewhat differently to make it easier to have a bowel movement, such as Fiber supplements, stimulants, lubricants, stool softeners, enemas, etc. In rare cases, surgery may be an option if you have tried other treatments and a blockage or stricture causes your chronic Constipation.
Side effects of such medications may include :
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Stomach cramps
- Burning feeling in the rectal area
Will Constipation go away?
Ayushakti’s Ayurvedic treatment has helped thousands of people to relieve Constipation from the root. Ayushakti expert doctors will create an individual treatment plan for you. You’ll learn how to control the symptoms and manage trigger factors. You will also learn how to improve your condition with lifestyle and dietary changes, to get long-lasting relief in chronic Constipation. You can definitely get freedom from dependency on laxatives.
Ayushakti’s treatment focus
- ANULOMAN (Rectification of Vata )
- AAM ELIMINATION (To eliminate the toxins)
- AGNI BALANCING (To activate the digestive fire & enzymes)
- STOOL LOOSENING (Soften hard stool)
Ayushakti’s effective treatment for relieving Constipation from the root
Ayushakti’s treatment plan includes diet, home remedies to follow, herbal remedies, and detox cleansing programs in chronic constipation problems.
Which foods are good for Constipation?
Eating many gluten and dairy products can create chronic inflammation in the bowel, and bowels can become sluggish. Eating certain foods and some home remedies can help relieve Constipation and improve regular bowel movement. In general, lots of vegetables & wholefood is essential. 7 best foods to beat Constipation
Proven safe home remedies for Constipation
Some herbs are beneficial to relieve Constipation, bloating, and gas. These herbs are safe to use daily or whenever you feel Constipation. Your kitchen can be your doctor. Download for Free to have the effective kitchen formulas and have a happy and energetic morning every day. 3 best natural kitchen remedies for Constipation
Ayushakti herbal supplements to relieve constipation, gas & bloating, get assured & long-lasting relief
|1 tablet each two times a day
|Aama (toxins) reducing & reduces stickiness and mucus. Promoting smooth movement
|1 tablet every two times a day
|Expelling gas, relieving bloating and abdominal pain
|4 to 8 tablet at bedtime
|Mild laxative to help easy bowel movement
Constipation is gone with 3 weeks detox program
3 weeks of detox panchakarma at Ayushakti helped me get a remarkable 70% improvement in overall health. My Constipation is almost is gone. Improved appetite. Regularized blood pressure. Additionally, I feel more focused and improved energy. After this treatment, I have got clear skin, which is a bonus. Frohos Michel, Germany
What kind of detox can help in chronic Constipation?
Ayushakti has a specially designed detoxification program for 2 to 3 weeks, which lubricates and melts dried toxins from the digestive system. Once the toxins are liquefied, they are removed from the body through specially designed laxative treatments and enemas.
After such detoxification, digestive functions work much better than before. Bowel movement becomes smooth. Nutrients are absorbed far well than before, c