Easy and Wholesome Dry Fruit Modak Recipe
Every year Ganesh Chathurthi is always welcomed with open arms joyously into millions of homes. Nevertheless, no Ganesh Chaturthi is complete without the quintessential homemade 'Modak'. Modak is an Indian sweet dumpling which is mouth watery and leaves everyone succulent. No one would say no to modak's as it's loved by everyone. So today, we thought to give you our secret healthy recipe of Dry Fruit Modak, which is not only delicious but power packed with vital nutrients required for the body.
Benefits of individual ingredients used in this recipe:
Dates: Highly Nutritious, Improves Brain Functionality, Facilitates Natural Labour, promotes bone health, rich in vitamins
Roasted Almond: Healthy fats, Vitamin E, natural source of fibre, protein, Helps to lower Cholesterol Levels, Reduces hunger, benefit in weight loss
Cashews: Prevents blood disease, Protects the eyes, Excellent to nourish the skin, Contains dietary fibres
Maple syrup: High in antioxidants, Contains minerals, zinc, magnesium, calcium and potassium
½ cup Roasted almonds
½ cup Cashews
½ cup Assortment of dry fruits
¼ cup Maple syrup (optional)
Modak mould to shape the modaks
- Chop the nuts and dry roast them until they slightly turn in golden brown colour.
- Remove the seeds from the dates. If you want to save time and energy to make your modaks quick; purchase seedless dates.
- Take a grinder, put all the ingredients together into it and grind the components until they form a doughy consistency. In case during the process you find these ingredients are not binding; feel free to add some more dates and make the dough consistent.
- Once the batter is ready, grease the mould with some maple syrup and take a generous portion of this mixture and stuff inside it. Stuff sufficient enough from all the sides for a perfect shape.
- After the modaks are shaped; put the modaks in the refrigerator to cool and settle down for about 1 hour or so.
- Take out the modaks from the refrigerator; place them on the plate and serve!
Your wholesome and delicious Dry Fruit Modaks are ready to serve to your friends and family.
These modaks are not only going to fill your appetite with nutritious value but also lighten up the festival even more. Ayurveda has always given importance to dry fruits as they are rich in minerals, proteins, fibre and vitamins. Consumption of dry fruits enhances energy and stamina; also as they are rich in fibre which means better digestion and overall health.
So why eat junk snacks or oily/greasy sweets, when Ayushakti’s power packed healthy modaks can help you satisfy those sweet cravings with health benefits.
Modak can be shaped in many ways.
This recipe makes 5-6 dry fruit modaks.
The time during which to settle the modaks may vary depending upon the refrigerator temperature.
Prepare this recipe with the utmost care, love and devotion on the auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi. Try this simple and enticing recipe. Don't forget to share with us! Tag us on Instagram @Ayushakti
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. Even these tough times cannot stop us; you can consult our experts on phone, video or visit the nearest clinic. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
Stay Home | Stay Healthy
For more information, write to us at [email protected]
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Recipe by: Ayushakti's Chef
Nutrition level verified by: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt ltd