How do natural treatments help prevent and control Rheumatoid Arthritis for years and improve the quality of life for the long term?
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder affecting many joints, including those in the hands and feet. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes due to the autoimmune process in the body. If you ignore and do not take care of it as soon as the symptoms start, it can lead to a deformity in joints and get bedridden within few years.
How does Rheumatoid Arthritis start?
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a long-lasting autoimmune disorder that primarily affects joints. It typically results in warm, swollen, and painful joints. Pain and stiffness often worsen following rest. The wrist and hands are most commonly involved, with the same joints typically involved on both sides of the body. The disease may also affect other parts of the body.
According to Ayurveda, improper lifestyle and food habits hamper digestion, create excessive Aam (toxic mucous), and vitiate the body’s Vata (air). As the Aam is built up in the stomach, it begins circulating throughout the body with aggravated Vata dosha. Aam has the property of being sticky and heavy because of which it gets trapped in the narrow channels, in and around the bone. When this Aam with the Vitiated Vata settles around the joints, it causes swelling, stiffness, and severe pricking chronic pain in the joints. You experience difficulty in walking, deformed fingers, unable to bend your back.
Due to the autoimmune process, you get inflammation and infections, frequent fever, and finally, bones and joints’ degeneration.
What Rheumatoid Arthritis feels like?
These are the main symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis, where one or more joints affects :
- Joints pain
- Redness and swelling on joints
- Deformity of joints, especially finger joints and knee joints.
- Restricted movements due to pricking pain
- Morning stiffness
- A warm feeling on joints
- Frequent fever along with joint pain
Why Rheumatoid Arthritis occurs?
- Virudhha Aahar- Mutually incompatible food
- Viruddha cheshta- Unwholesome lifestyle practices.
- Mandagni- Having low metabolism and sluggish digestion for a longer time.
- Nischala- Sedentary lifestyle
- Snigdha bhojana &vyayama- Consuming unctuous, oily, and high caloric food and immediately indulging in exercise
Pathology of Rheumatoid Arthritis
How is Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosed?
People with rheumatoid arthritis often have an
– elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) or
– C-reactive protein (CRP) may indicate the presence of an inflammatory process in the body.
– Other common blood tests look for rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies.
How Is Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosed in Ayurveda?
Pulse reading is Ayushakti’s special tool to diagnose the disease and its severity.
Can Rheumatoid Arthritis be cured?
While there are no long-term relief treatments for rheumatoid arthritis in an alternative system, physiotherapy and medication can help slow down the disease’s progression. Anti-inflammatory and immune suppressants may give temporary relief in pain, inflammation, and infections. A heating pad may soothe painful muscles or joints and help drain skin infections.
Therapies such as stretching exercises can improve flexibility and improve physical function.
Common side effects of anti-inflammatory and immune suppressants are :
- Edema (swelling of the feet) heartburn
- Stomach upset/ulcers
- Possibly of increased risk of blood clots
- Heart attack and Stroke
Can Rheumatoid Arthritis go away with Ayurveda?
Ayushakti has successfully treated thousands of people with RA +.
Ayushakti’s specific “Arthrox” treatment plan reduces Vata & Aama from the joints, reducing swelling, pain, and stiffness.
Then, it nourishes the immune system and bones & muscles. As Rheumatism is a very chronic problem, this process goes for 2-3 years. But the relief in pain and stiffness already starts within 2-3 months.
Ayushakti doctors plan a customized treatment program for each client as per the diagnosis. You’ll learn how to control the symptoms, manage trigger factors, improve your condition for longer years with lifestyle, dietary changes, and herbal supplements, and improve your life’s quality without pain.
Ayushakti’s treatment focus :
• PACIFY VATA (Bring back Vata to the normal path)
• AAM ELIMINATION & REDUCE SWELLING (Remove blocks)
• NOURISH BONES AND BONE TISSUES (Rejuvenation of Asthi dhatu)
• BALANCE IMMUNE SYSTEM (Balance doshas and metabolic fire)
Ayushakti’s mission is to help people in every possible way. Even these tough times cannot stop us; you can consult our experts on phone, video or visit the nearest clinic. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
Stay Home | Stay Healthy
For more information, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers – 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr. Deepali Shastri
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd