Rheumatoid Arthritis affects about 1% of the world’s population, with women being affected 3 times more frequently than men. Children, teenagers, and older adults can develop it, but people in their 30s to 50s are most likely to get it. This blog discusses the Rheumatoid Arthritis diet plan, which is 100% vegan and can help to manage joint pain.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
An autoimmune condition known as rheumatoid arthritis (RA) results in chronic joint inflammation. Rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by inflammation of the tissue around the joints and inflammatory arthritis, but the condition can also inflame and harm other organs in the body.
The symptoms of the disease typically appear gradually and include weakness, loss of appetite, morning stiffness that lasts longer than an hour, and muscle aches.
Joint pain eventually develops. The joint may become warm, tender, and stiff if it is not used for a while. The joint (synovium), the joint’s lining, produces more fluid when it is inflamed, which causes the joint to swell. Joint pain can affect the wrist, knees, elbows, fingers, toes, ankle, or neck and is frequently experienced on both sides of the body.
Rheumatoid disease is a progressive illness that has the potential to cause joint destruction and functional disability. In addition, it is a systemic illness because it can affect numerous other body organs if not treated.
Ayurveda Perspective on Rheumatoid Arthritis with Effective Treatment Plans:
Rheumatoid arthritis is comparable to “Ama Vata” in Ayurveda. Rheumatoid arthritis has become the most challenging disease compared to other diseases if it’s not treated on time. As a result, inflamed and painful joints develop in the low back, knee, hip, ankle, and hand joints. The pain in the affected joints is comparable to the sting of a scorpion.
Ayurveda has provided clear explanations of the causes, pathophysiology, symptoms, treatment principles, and dietary and lifestyle changes for treating “Amavata” throughout thousands of years.
What causes Rheumatoid Arthritis– According to Ayurveda
- Virudhha Aahar– Mutually incompatible food
- Viruddha cheshta– Unwholesome lifestyle practices.
- Mandagni– Having low metabolism and sluggish digestion for a longer time
- Nischala- Sedentary lifestyle
- Snigdha bhojana & vyayama- Consuming unctuous, oily, and high-caloric food and immediately indulging in exercise
Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA):
- Multiple joint pain, stiffness, tenderness, and swelling
- Weight loss
- Deformity in the hands, feet, and toes
What are the risk factors for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
The following is a list of the various risk factors that can lead to rheumatoid arthritis in a person. These could be the points where the flare-ups start.
Stress/trauma: The inflammation can be exacerbated by trauma, anxiety, stress, and depression. The gloomy feelings are similarly liable for the actual deformations. The mental health holds a significant part in any illness.
Persistent Constipation: The body accumulates toxins. The growth of bacteria weakens the immune system and causes more inflammation. As a result, the aggravated impurities cause the digestive system to be out of balance.
Sedentary Lifestyle: The risk is also increased if you live a sedentary lifestyle and don’t get enough exercise. The body will be damaged by substance abuse, which will take a long time to heal. The body’s metabolism is destroyed by alcohol, tobacco, and all other drugs.
Poor nutrition: The diet has a significant impact on body shape. The body will deteriorate from all those junk foods. All of the unhealthy foods will be harmful to one’s health.
Infections: You are also more likely to be diagnosed with arthritis if you have a bacterial or viral infection. A person may receive a diagnosis of this disease after a severe infection phase. Immunity declines as a result of conditions; As a result, it opens the door to rheumatoid arthritis.
Medications: Additionally, you risk experiencing flare-ups of the disease if you have been taking certain medications, including steroids. Numerous adverse effects on the body are associated with steroids. It will, without a doubt, provide relief right away, but in the long run, it hurts the body and makes the conditions that are already there worse.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet Plan (Vegan):
The latest study has discovered a simple treatment for arthritis pain. It was found and published in the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine that patients with rheumatoid arthritis can benefit from a low-fat, vegan diet that does not restrict calories. In addition, the study’s participants saw an improvement in cholesterol levels and lost weight.
What foods to eat and avoid? Know the dietary changes to make if you have rheumatoid arthritis. What foods to eat and what not to eat?
The adage “You are what you eat” is familiar to all. This statement holds regardless of the field of science. Ayurveda’s Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment is based on the idea that natural herbs and a healthy diet are used in conjunction with one another. Because Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition, so the body needs to heal safely and naturally.
The diet that must be adhered to preserve the body’s bones and joints will be discussed in this blog.
Following are the list of foods for Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- Fresh vegetables are best. They will provide the body with the necessary nutrients. Bottle gourd, apple gourd, pointed gourd, bitter gourd, pumpkin, cabbage, mushroom, onion, beetroot, broccoli, drumstick, zucchini, summer squash, ginger, garlic, ridged gourd, carrot, turnip, fenugreek, green amaranth, and white goosefoot are the vegetables that must be included in the diet for getting effective relief from Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Fenugreek seeds, cumin, asafoetida, carom seeds, and turmeric are among the spices and natural herbs that have demonstrated significant effectiveness in treating RA.
- Mustard, linseed, sesame, or coconut oils can be used to cook the food.
- Cow’s ghee(for non-vegan), Vegan people can consume avocado and olive oil as dressing for salads, and are most effective oil for people with Rheumatoid arthritis is proven to be anti-inflammatory in their properties.
- Roasted pumpkin, sunflower seeds and pearl millet can be consumed as snacks because they are packed with nutrition and good for bone health.
- The salad needs to be consumed frequently. Cut up red bell peppers and cucumbers; sprouts can be added for better bone health.
- The diet should also include hot soups. Ensure that they are not spicy. Try vegetable soups like mung, mixed vegetables soup.
- Honey water, coconut water, and juices of fresh fruits and vegetables can be included in one’s daily routine.
- You can drink herbal tea, black, chamomile, honey, CCF tea, or ginger tea in your routine. These herbal teas are an excellent way to start your day, as they provide a refreshing and energizing beverage and support your health by providing antioxidants and vitamins.
- The dried fruits are edible. However, the correct way to consume them is to soak them overnight before eating them. High levels of fiber, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids are found in almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, pecans, pistachios, and walnuts which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Chutney made with mint and coriander is another option. It is excellent for well-being and is delicious as well! Note: Consume it fresh, do not eat refrigerated.
- Barley, pearl millet, finger millet, and porridge are alternatives to wheat. Any of them can be consumed instead of wheat.
- Processed salt can be substituted for rock salt and pink salt.
- Jaggery, rock sugar, or dates are sugar alternatives. Get rid of the processed one.
- You can eat khichdi (porridge), Upma (semolina), Poha (puffed rice), as an alternative to a meal.
- Water should be lukewarm when consumed or even better with ginger powder.
- It would help if you also fast once a week. One must fast for the entire day; the only food one should eat fresh juices made from fruits, vegetables, and coconut water.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis (Amavata) is treated in Ayurveda using the following methods:
- Langhanam (Fasting)
- Shodhana (purification of the body)
- Shamana Chikitsa (symptom-relieving treatment)
Fasting can be done by completely abstaining from food or by having soups made from green gram, rice, or barley.
Panchakarma therapy is used to perform it. The course of treatment is typically lengthy, and different procedures are carried out depending on the patient’s condition and outward symptoms.
This is done by utilizing powerful and tried-and-tested Ayurvedic home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis along with strict diet and lifestyle changes are advised Vomiting, Purgation, Niruham, Anuvaasan, Nasyam it may also include Ayushakti Ayurved special detox treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis Knee Dhara and Ghrutpan.
At Ayushakti Ayurved, we provide customized diet plan for Rheumatoid Arthritis along with effective home remedies, herbal medicines and panchkarma therapy to get relief from joints pain which is holding you down.
Ayushakti’s detoxification Panchkarma treatments are highly focused on relieving the root cause of any chronic problem by cleansing, repairing and rejuvenating the deeper tissues and cells in your body. Click here to check out our Panchkarma Detoxification Plan
Ayushakti’s Ayurvedic Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
Ayushakti has 33 years of proven experience in effectively helping people suffering from Arthritis & Chronic Joint Pain.
Ayushakti’s Ayurvedic Arthritis Treatment program helps you remove deep rooted toxins and blockages from the joints, back, neck, and spine. Reduces inflammation and stiffness and finally promotes healthy, strong and flexible joints naturally. Thus, you get long term relief from frozen shoulder, neck pain, back pain, knee joints pain, spondylosis, sciatic pain. Most importantly, you will be able to stand, walk and climb steps without pain.
Benefits after Ayushakti’s Arthrox treatments:
- Improves bone density
- Reduction in pain and stiffness
- Improves joint flexibility
- No difficulty or less difficulty in standing and walking etc.
- Increase the strength of bones and joints
To stay healthy and fit:
- Follow a healthy routine.
- Remember that health is wealth, and if you compromise your health today, you will have to deal with the consequences later.
- Therefore, practice Ayurveda to keep fit and healthy. You must be patient and strictly adhere to a healthy routine for Rheumatoid arthritis Ayurvedic treatment to work.
Ayushakti has treated 5280 persons suffering Rheumatoid Arthritis and achieved many magnificent results. Visit Ayushakti Ayurved or you can book online consultation without hesitation if you or someone you care about has rheumatoid arthritis!
Ayushakti‘s mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts on phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your well-being in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here – https://bit.ly/3XiG50D
For more information write to us at email@example.com
Author of the Blog: DR MAYURI SURVE
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd